Wednesday 27 February 2008

A Trip to the Senedd

Where do I start?  Ah yes, last Thursday, as a member of the Rhondda Youth Forum, we visited the new Welsh Assembly Building in Cardiff.  It is called “the Senedd” and it’s where the Welsh Assembly Government makes all-important political decisions.

 

I was quite excited as I had never been there before.  The building is made entirely out of natural resources, so it is eco-friendly.  I was surprised to find the place had no lights, and relied entirely on natural sunlight for brightness.

 

We were asked if we would like to sit in to observe a Committee meeting.  We all were very keen to see what goes on.  I thought it was very long, but very interesting to know what policies are going to be implemented in the future.  Some people said I looked like the nodding dog from the “Churchill car insurance” commercials because I agreed with most things they said.

 

I was given the opportunity to talk with the new Children’s Commissioner for Wales.  I took my digital camera hoping to take some photographs.  But unfortunately we were not allowed.  I’ve no idea why but, I've found a link online.  So, sit back and take a tour of this magnificent building.

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Leigh. Yes I have been to the building a few times and it really is impressive. I love going down there in Cardiff bay having fish and chips and sitting down and looking across the water.  I have also been the other side to see the Barrage, thats very interesting too. Lovely entry Leigh I enjoyed it. Kathie.

Anonymous said...

What a great thing to do Stuart and I are intending to go to our Parliment on one of visits to Edinburgh. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

impressive building! so glad you enjoyed your trip to it

betty

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a great trip.
Missie

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))SOunds like you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Leigh that sounded like a very interesting trip ~ I enjoyed the tour thanks for the link ~ Ally