Saturday 16 February 2008

Saturday's Here Again

I feel absolutely great because I finished all my assignments earlier in the week.  This is a big achievement for me, because usually I leave things until the last minute.  By doing a little each day, I have managed to complete it, with some free time to indulge in now.  I hope this can carry on into the next school term.

 

 

Tonight I am staying in again, not by choice.  I really wanted to go out and see my friends this weekend.  But they are staying home to save money for their holiday.  Typical isn’t it?  I was looking forward to it too.

 

 

Ross sounded very annoyed when I spoke to him on the telephone earlier this afternoon.  He asked me ‘Why didn’t I go out with the group any more?’  In fact, it’s only been three weeks.  I’ve had a lot of coursework to finish also.

 

 

 

My education is very important to me.  If I don’t work, I won’t be successful and I won’t have a good job.  I wish they could understand.  After all, it doesn’t matter if I miss a night or two.  There will be plenty of other opportunities.

 

 

Joan asked me in a comment, ‘What did I think of “The Birds” movie?’  I didn’t like it, and it wasn’t because of the gulls!  I felt the movie had ended half finished.  The storyline hadn’t come around full circle in my opinion.  It felt as if there was more to come.

 

 

The Marc Almond concert was really good.  Although, I didn’t know many of his songs, I enjoyed myself.  I think he’s a good performer.  One thing I found really irritating was his “theatrical” hand movements.  My God, they must be his trademark, because he did the same moves all night.  It looked like he was cleaning windows!

 

 

My mum and I sat four rows from the front of the stage, so we had a good view.  He walked around the audience twice.  At one point, he shook my hand, said “Hi” and smiled.  My dear mum was swooning!

 

Right-o, that’s all my news for now, have a good weekend.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your quite right your studies are important if you want to have good job prospects, sorry to hear you were disppointed with the "Birds", it did end rather abruptly, but "Hitchock" was never one for tying up the ends.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Yasmin
x

Try "Rear Window"

Anonymous said...

Thank you Leigh for answering my question just had a feeling you would not enjoy that particular movie in my opinion it was not one on Hitchcock's best. If you get the chance watch the original rear Window with Grace Kelly and James Stewart that is a great tense thriller. You are right about your studies you need to study if you want a good job. Have a good weekend. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're enjoying life and all it has to offer, good for you Leigh.  Those studies mean everything, as well they should, and your friends will always be there - maybe different names and faces, but you'll always have them, the more important thing to my mind would be the skills you're trying to acquire to insure a prosperous future.  Very mature thinking!  Stay strong - xoxo CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/    

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))your friends should understand your work is more important,if they dont understand,than maybe they arent much of a friend.But I am sure they are good friends.Have a good Sat.

Anonymous said...

so glad you enjoyed the concert! those seemed like great seats you and your mom had!!

I think it is good to concentrate on your studies; you are a wise young man to realize the importance of a good education!

betty

Anonymous said...

Leigh I am glad you finished all your assigments ~ and I agree your education is important ~ Ross should know you have been busy ~ I do hope they will understand that there will be lots of other opportunities for you to join the group again ~
Glad you had such good seats at the concert ~ and sounds like you Mum enjoyed herself too ~ Ally