Friday 29 February 2008

Some Sad News

Just now, I received the news I’d been dreading.  Aunt Brenda passed away on Wednesday evening peacefully in her sleep.  My family and I are in very deep shock at the moment.  I don’t really know what to say.

 

She was a very independent woman.  It seems strange talking and typing about in the past tense!  She was very house proud and she loved to spend time tending to her garden.  Her most favourite pastimes were baking cakes and flower arranging. 

 

The last time I saw her was Friday at the hospice.  She was laughing and joking like she did not have a care in the world.  This is the way she’d want to be remembered, and I intend to.

 

I’m happy that she is not suffering anymore. I just didn’t expect it to be over so soon.  Rest in peace Aunty Bren, you shall be sorely missed.

 

In Loving Memory of

Mrs. Brenda Rowe

19th June 1940 – 27th February 2008

 


 

Tags: ,

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

my very deepest sympathies to you and your family Leigh,I hope you all support eachother to get through this tough time,all the best zoe xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/domestic-chaos/

Anonymous said...

Hello Leigh sorry to hear your sad news my condolences to you and your family

Yasmin

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Leigh!!
Missie

Anonymous said...

My condolences to you and your family on your loss, Leigh. I wish you strength in coming to terms with your sadness, but as you say, her suffering is now over.

Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/call-for-support/

Anonymous said...

{{{Leigh}}} I am so sorry for your loss.  Sending prayers and good thoughts to you and your family
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Leigh,

I am so very sorry to hear about your aunt's death. I know how hard it must be but i guess the only thing is that she is no longer suffering.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

She sounded like a wonderful woman and i hope that you keep those memories that you have of her close to your heart

hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

Please accept my condolences. Sending up prayers for the family. {{}}
God bless,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss dear friend! I'm keeping your family in my prayers on the smoke during this time of sorrow. Your aunt left footprints across your heart so you would always know she was with you. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt.  I pray that God will watch over you and keep you in his care during this time of sorrow.  Know that you and your family are in my prayers.

Fondly Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Well Leigh, now you'll have Aunt Bren forever, in your heart.  And everytime you think of her, those warm, loving memories will help you heal.  CATHY

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your aunt; my prayer is that people you know in your area will "love" on you and your family during your time of grief and support you through this time of sadness

betty

Anonymous said...

Leigh I am so sorry to hear your sad news ~ keeping you and your family in my thoughts ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss.  What a fantastic way to remember her!  Laughing as if she didn't have a care in the world.  
Hugs,
Gina
http://journals.aol.com/motoxmom72/GinasWeigtLossJourney  

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))I am sorry for your loss.Your right,Shes not in pain anymore.But I knoe,you will miss Her.

Anonymous said...

leigh, sorry to hear the news,
keeping you and your familly in my thoughts,
sue x

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss.....my thoughts and my prayers go out to you and your family....God Bless....
Kelly~