Tuesday 5 February 2008

The Wonders of Technology

Looking back at my last entry, I think I was being a bit oversensitive.  It really doesn’t bother me that my friends are going on holidays without me.  I just needed to get it out of my system.  I felt so much better once I had seen it written on the computer screen!

 

I watched a brilliant movie on I had recorded on Sunday evening: Psycho.  It is said to be one of Alfred Hitchcock’s greatest thrillers.  I had never seen it before, but I thought it was great.  Forty-five years after its release, the movie sent shivers down my spine.  People always say that the old films are best.

 

 

Ten minutes before the end however, the movie had stopped recording.  My Nan and I were on tenterhooks.  Then all of a sudden, the black and white picture had changed to an episode of “Coronation Street”.  I was disappointed to learn that the programme on previously had over ran.  Naturally, I really wanted to know the ending of the film.

 

 

Out of curiosity, I went on You Tube and I found a clip of the ending.  Thank goodness for the Internet, it’s such a wonderful invention.  You can just type anything into a search engine and up it pops.  Marvellous!

 

 

 

Here are some film facts for you…  Did you know that censors wanted to ban the word “transvestite” from the film?  Also, after watching Psycho Janet Leigh was so traumatised she would never take a shower “unless she absolutely had to”?

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Physco it's one of my favourite films check out the Birds thats really good to. And sometimes it's good to vent.

Yasmin
x

Anonymous said...

Leigh I loved that film ~ can still remember being scared out of my wits watching it ~ glad you got to see the end ~ Internet is wonderful ~ and I do agree that a lot of the old films are the best :o) ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

I also love his movie "Birds"  that an awesome one too!
Missei

Anonymous said...

So glad you enjoyed the movie unfortunately I am old enough to have seen it when it came out and like Ally it scared me to to dearth I jumped out of my seat so often but it was a great movie. TCM are going to be doing a short season of Oscar winners and Bafta winners and they are going to show the original Dial M for Murder with Grace Kelly that's a Hitcock too. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen that move from start to finish, just bits of it, but I'm chicken on movies like that; I scare easy.

isn't it awesome you can find just about anything on the Internet!

journals are great places to vent

enjoy your day

betty

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((HUGSTOOU)))))))))))))))Have a nice night.