Sunday 3 February 2008

'Alone'

Wales won the first Six Nations rugby match yesterday against England at Twickenham.  The final score was England – 19 Wales – 26.  Go Wales!  Do you think it is possible that Wales could win the Six Nations Tournament again?  The last time we won all the matches was in 2005.

 

There was a great atmosphere at the party last night.  However, I felt very isolated.  My friends would like to go away on holiday together this summer to a holiday adventure park in Cornwall. 

 

I was very disappointed to find that the possible accommodation had no disabled access and we would be miles out from anywhere.  This was the only place that would allow 18-19 year olds to stay.  Other places turned us away because they considered us to be ‘rowdy’.  Maybe, that’s a sign they don’t want me there.

 

Also, my friends have invited people I don’t get along with.  That would be a very awkward situation for me.  I couldn’t go on holidays with people I didn’t like, and felt the same way about me.  I mean, would you?

 

This is all they were talking about last night.  They were really rubbing it in that I wouldn’t be able to go.  I mean, it wouldn’t be practical for me.  I would be exhausted at the end of it, and wouldn’t enjoy it at all.  So much for the lovely week in Spain we were talking about.

 

They also said that if I couldn’t go, it wouldn’t feel right if they did.  But why should I stop them from going away?  At the end of the night, I kept wondering “Are these people really my friends?”, “Do they really care for me?”…  I think it’s something I have to figure out by myself.

 

Heart – ‘Alone’

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))Have a nice SUnday.

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh, so sorry to hear about your holiday but I am sure you will get away somewhere. Wales did so well yesterday Stuart was watching it and cheering them on you know we Scots are Welsh one day a year ha ha I called him through for his tea with about 20 minutes to go and when he went back to the telly it was all over and he had missed the great win he was so annoyed he missed it. At the moment Scotland are doing their best against the French fingers crossed for us. Thank you for choosing Heart on our favourites. Have a pleasant Sunday. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh sorry to hear about your holiday plans it must be diicult to ind somewhere suitable with the right access, and your right not to want to go away with people you don't get on with, it would ruin both sets o holidays. Hopeully you'll be able to get away this year.

Take care

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

Leigh I hope something else comes along and you will be able to have a holiday this year ~ you couldn't possibly go away with people you don't get on with ~ and you would need the right facilities ~ glad Wales did so well I don't follow Rugby but I am glad you are happy about it ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

hi, Leigh, first time reading your journal and commenting, Linda from Linda's World had wonderful things to say about you.

I'm sorry your friends chose a place for holiday that would be difficult for you to go to with your disability. I hope they can work out something else or you can find a group to go with to someone fun that you can handle and manage. I'm not familiar with ataxic cerebral palsy, but I would imagine it is something with gait and spasticity? My daughter has cerebral palsy, she's 22, her's is mostly right-sided.

I put you on alerts, I'll be back to visit :)

betty