Monday 28 August 2006

All Things Electric

 

You will never believe the weekend I have had!  Firstly the TV broke down, so had to get a new one.  Then the electricity was cut off.  The only things still working were the lights!  I couldn’t use my computer.  I felt so lost and even now I am suffering withdrawal symptoms being unable to use it.  I had never realised how dependant I’d become on my computer until the power cut.

 

Mum & dad went to Argos on Sunday morning on a mission!  They bought a 27” flat screen T.V with H.D which looks very cool in our front room.  For more information on H.D. and the digital takeover, click the link below:

 

~Switching Signals~

 

My friend Jessica appeared on “The X Factor” (the British version of “American Idol”) on Saturday night.  They only showed a short clip of her singing “Arms of an Angel” by Sarah McLachlan, but it’s better than nothing at all.  Sharon, Simon and Louis all said she was “fantastic” and put her through to boot camp in London.  I hope she goes on to be as famous as she would like to be.

 

Good luck Jess, we’re all rooting for you.  Hope you go far in the competition!

 

 

Postscript - I found the above clip on Youtube.  Jess is the second singer to perform in this montage. (0:30 to 0:15 secs)

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

New TV, very cool. No elect not cool!
Hope this week goes well for you hun.
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Your new TV sounds great super for those long winter evening that will be coming Take Care Joan.

Anonymous said...

Good luck to your friend ,and ouch no leccy ,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Leigh you have had a bad weekend ~ Glad you have a new TV can imagine how lost you must have felt not being able to use your computer ~ hope your friend Jessica goes a long way with her singing I missed Xfactor as our sy tv signal was down due to severe storms ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

No electric?! ugh, that's always hard. lol

Best wishes to your friend Jessica! I hope she goes far with her singing.

Have a wonderful day,

Morgan
xxx

Anonymous said...

Good luck Jessica, and sorry about your power problems! eeek!

Lv Stevie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Sorry to read you have had no electric Leigh.I have had a very busy Bank Holiday,not beenon the pooter much,due to having company.and trips out here and there.But I did manage to watch X Factor.I will keep a tag on Jessica.Lets hope she continues to go further.Take Care.
Astoriasand.