Friday 18 August 2006

Spooky Coincidence?

 

Thank you Donna (who’s on my side bar) for the beautiful graphic above.  It is the third anniversary of AOL Journals on 21st August, which isn’t far away!  Lots of things are being orginised to mark this special occasion.  When all plans were made I was in Lanzaroté!

 

 

The weather was fantastic, though I found it cold in the evenings.  I was surprised to hear it has not rained in Lanzaroté since last March!  The average temperature is 27°C.  It rises if there is not a breeze. 

 

 

We stayed in Costa Teguise, which is a family orientated resort.  It is very popular with windsurfers and people who love sports.  The food was amazing – can’t complain about that, LOL!! 

 

 

If you travel to any of the Canary Islands make sure you pack plenty of High Factor sun cream to prevent sunburn or peeling.  On the second day mum & I got sunburnt!  It wasn't a pleasant start to the holiday.  But I have found a solution!!  Cut a tomato in half and rub over the burnt area of skin.  Unfortunately we were told this too late, but mum has tried it since and it works!!

 

 

Then on the fourth day I awoke in the early hours to the sound of the tap running.  I walked across to the sink to knock it off, but it wasn’t running.  The boiler had burst!!  The hotel staff did not have a clue how to stop the water and had no vacancies.  So at 4a.m (three hours later) we were evacuated to another hotel nearby... GRRR!!

 

 

Next day we were given a complimentary bowl of fruit, chocolates, and soft drinks. Also we were given new electrical appliances (fridge/freezer, toaster and a kettle) and three free meals in the ala carte restaurant as compensation, so we were happy with that.

 

 

Is anyone superstitious?  When we got on the plane I was given seat 13, in row 13th and flew home on the 13th August.  I am not superstitious but this is SPOOOKY!! LOL!!

 

 

I enjoyed my holiday to Costa Teguise but I found it boring because there were not many people of my age about and not a lot to do during the day.  I couldn’t wait to get home and see all my family, friends and the people of J-Land.

 

Have a great weekend folks!!

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a greqt one sweetie! :)
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Never heard of a tomato for sunburn but will remember it. Glad they compensated you for the boiler bursting. Yes, lots been going on whilst you have been away.  But you have time to send your photo in for the anniversary album.  You will find the person to write to on my entry today and please view the AOL tribute video, link is also there.  Nice to have you back.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time bud!!
You were missed in J~Land!

Just put your pic in the video now..hehe!

Lv Stevie
xxx

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun on the whole Leigh!

Anonymous said...

Love Donna's Graphic ~ Glad the weather and food were good ~ that makes for good holiday in itself ~ The tomato cure for sunburn sounds good ~ if we ever get anymore sun I will remember that ~ must have been annoying having to transfer to another Hotel that time in the morning ~ glad they compensated you ~ glad you are back we did miss you ~ and the 13 was Spooky !!! ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh glad to see you are back.Sounds like you anjoyed the holiday even witht he few hickups.OH! no I woudn't have liked all the 13's afraid I am superstitiuos,LOL!! Ive put the tomato cure in my tip book thanx for sharing it,though no degrees of sun,like you have had, as such, in Good Old England I don't suppose from now on.Take care
Astoriasand

Anonymous said...

hi Leigh...

so pleased you had a great holiday and that you have arrived home safely...best wishes and take care!

Astra!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home.    Dawn

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Glad you had a good time. B.