Tuesday 29 August 2006

New Resolutions For A New School Year

 

Howdy folks!

 

My head has been in the clouds since I received my GCSE results on Thursday.  Words cannot express how I’m feeling at the moment.  I’m just so pleased at what I’ve achieved at this moment in time. 

 

 

On Thursday morning mum took me to my school to collect my results.  I met up with my mates Ross and Kailei. Later in the evening we went to cinema to watch “Stormbreaker”, which we all enjoyed.  The film is based on the “Alex Rider” novels written by Anthony Horowitz.  I love those books and would recommend them to anyone!

 

 

I have had twelve Congratulations cards in total which are standing with pride on my mantelpiece.  I’d like to thank Dawn for the lovely e-card which I received on Friday.

 

 

I never thought I’d type this but I’m really looking forward to going back to school next Tuesday.  I think everyone is looking forward to returning to study A-Levels, but when reality sets in we’ll soon come to regret all the hype.

 

 

I’m starting afresh; this is a new chapter of my life.  I am going to become more independent, more confident about my abilities and learn to trust people more.  I am going to take things in my stride and not let things worry me unnecessarily.  I am not going to stress or be paranoid anymore because it’s unhealthy!

 

 

I am determined to hand assignments in before the set deadline and not rely on extensions.  I’m sure I can rely on ‘Aunty’ Ally or ‘Granny’ Jan to keep me in line, LOL!

 

 

I have brought my new uniform.  I will have to wear black trousers with a white shirt.  Also I will have to wear a black jumper of cardigan in the wintertime.  A tie is also being supplied by the school.  I’m quite excited about wearing a tie as I have never worn one before.  I’m sure I shall look very smart in my new uniform.

 

 

This afternoon I went shopping with Margaret (the care worker) for school supplies.  I used my bus pass for the first time today since receiving it.  I showed the bus driver my pass and forgot the tickets!  Thank goodness Margaret was behind me.

 

 

I hope you will be thinking of me on my return to school and wishing me luck with the studies I now have to do.

 

Ciao for now, take care!

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leigh, you will do very well.  You are going in with a very positive attitude which is a big plus.  Just remember not to let it slip despite all the work involved.  If you feel you are forgetting then re-read this entry of yours.  Black and white always looks so smart.  I had to wear bottle green skirt and cardigan or jumper, cream blouse and a gold and green striped tie and....of yes the dreaded beret.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Yes I'm sure you will do well in the coming year ,you dont want aunty Ally and I making you stand in the corner do you lolol ,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

That is the perfect attitude to have for back-to-school Leigh. You're an inspiration to students everywhere!

We will certainly all be thinking of you, and I wish you the best of luck in everything you do. You're a wonderful person and a great friend. Take care!

Morgan
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Good luck Leigh...you will look really great in your school uniform...have a great week!

Astra!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Leigh!! Do you remember me from the UK aol anniversary chat?? you sound so happy...

lyn

Anonymous said...

Good luck in the new school year, Leigh!

Anonymous said...

With such a psoitive attitude you're sure to do well this year. Good luck. B.

Anonymous said...

Well done Leigh once again.you deserve all those cards, and the praise you are getting.Bet you look real smart in the tie.I love to see the full uniforms in schools,even if most of the students, do not like them.Take Care
Astoriasand. htp://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Nice entry Leigh that positive thinking will see you through ~ you deserved those congratulations ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Well done, congrads......so you look forward to school? good for you! I thought you were 30...lol
Rach.xx(kisses for first day)
Rach.xxx