Monday 21 August 2006

Five and a half months, fourty five entries later...

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AOL JOURNALS!!

 

The journals are three years old today and long may they continue.

 

    

 

I started writing this journal on 11th April 2006, five and a half months ago.  I used to read Jeanette’s journal and others on her sidebar, in amazement and wonder how you could all write so much.  I wanted to start one much earlier but I was put off because I thought I was a normal, everyday person who didn’t do much in life and no-one would be interested.

 

But then Lesley, a family friend suggested I write for the school newspaper but I didn’t see the point as then I wanted to go to college.  I knew I had to let the creativity flow somehow, and blogging seemed a good idea to set the world to rights!

 

The hardest thing was taking the first step and writing that introductory entry.  But I’m glad I did because I have made so many friends from J-Land, and we often keep in touch through e-mail.  Thank you to all those who read my journal and comment on it, I am so grateful for your continuous help, support and encouragement throughout these months, which has given me the confidence to carry on with my journal writing.

 

When I first started writing entries I didn’t expect anyone to read them, never mind comment on them.  It makes me want to write more and more!  My nan thinks it’s great because it improves my use of English, and mum & dad are pleased as journal writing keeps me occupied.

 

Thanks to Stevie for hosting the Red Carpet chat last night.  I had a great time and I’m sure our American friends did later on. But I found it confusing as many people were typing at the same time.  Stevie, as many others, must have got cross-eyed as he tried to keep up with who was coming and going!  I didn’t realise that chat room has been open for ages but we never use it.

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found it hard to keep up with chat Leigh, you are not the only one, it was going so fast at times.  Great entry.  Oh, put the lighthouse in your sidebar, that is what it is meant for then it is there for as long as you want.  Glad you are enjoying your journal.  It certainly is a great community.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Just stopping ib to say HB J-Land.
Have a good week!
Hugs, Sugar
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/SUGARSLIFE/

Anonymous said...

Great entry Leigh ,you got there in the end you see ,excellent ,Ienjoyed it ,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Chatter is good Leigh!

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry Leigh ~ I am glad you kept your Journal going as it is good to have such a nice friend as you ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Yes you are right Leigh,your Journal is great and so glad Nan and Mum and Dad are pleased with you.You sound in this entry like I feel just now,being new to it.It does pass many hours on though for people, for soem it must be  a full tiem job I think LOL!! although I think it is a great thing which started.I darn't go into chat last night.I had the feeling it would be fast and go haywire.Don't know how Stevie managed all he did.And recording his music for us too to listen to.He's done fabulous hasn't he??Glad you enjoyed it though.Keep your entries flooding in everyone seems to enjoy them.Take Care.
Astoriasand.

Anonymous said...

Hiya...yes last night was manic!! I ended up just reading the chat my fingers weren`t quick enough.keep up the good work!
linda x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindapaterson177/IstartedofthislifewithnothingIst/

Anonymous said...

I was just reading the chat log, and I just about died laughing! Some of the topics you guys got into lol! I'm not an AOL member, so that's why it didn't let me into the chat room. Well fine then! haha

Yes, I love that song as well, and I also LOVE the movie. Stevie just about flipped when I told him it was one of my favorites. "OMG MINE TOO!!!!!" I can just imagine you two going through that whole movie word for word. How fun is that?

Have a great day, thanks for checking back in on me.

Morgan
xx

Anonymous said...

Glad you wrote Leigh!!  So much fun last night it was great to 'meet' ya
d

Anonymous said...

Great entry Leigh...(((Many hugs)))

Hope you're around here for a loooong time to come!

Lv Stevie
xxx