Wednesday 30 August 2006

College Confusion!

I woke up this morning feeling really down.  Our local newspaper had printed an article about last week’s GCSE Results.  After reading that article, mum looked at me and said “Those students worked so hard, you could have done better.

 

 

That was like a kick in the teeth.  I couldn’t help what sets I was in for certain subjects and I could only get certain grades.  At the end of the day I passed all my GCSE’s.  Some may have not been good passes, but getting D’s & E’s are better than getting a U (unclassified).  So what’s she talking about?

 

 

Last week I received a letter from the college saying a taxi had been arranged to pick me up on Monday.  I thought this was weird because I sent them a slip saying I wouldn’t be attending the course and explained my reasons why.  Obviously they don’t read their mail!

 

 

I spoke to someone at the college who said I should’ve rung on Results day.  I know I should’ve but I was so excited the thought never entered my head.  I explained that I wouldn’t be attending the course and I would be returning to school instead.

 

 

The college rung AGAIN this morning.  They wanted my GCSE results urgently.  At this point I got really frustrated with the college.  I just wish they would accept my decision, quit pestering me and leave me be.  Also I will have to ring the taxi office to confirm the taxi has been cancelled.  I expect it will turn up on Monday, though.

 

 

I don’t know when I am starting school.  I think we return with the first year on Tuesday but some people say Wednesday.  I have an interview with the Head of Sixth Form, Mr. G on Tuesday afternoon to discuss Year 12 and my options but I’m not sure of the time, LOL! 

 

 

I haven’t been officially accepted back yet. But if they weren’t going to accept me, they would have held the meeting earlier?

 

 

I’m so confused think my head will explode!

Thank you Lyn for the Snoopy siggy xx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leigh,
You got the grades you got through doing your best, I feel sure. If you're happy with them, that's all that matters. By the way, welcome to the world of bureaucracy. Don't you just LOVE it!

Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

Anonymous said...

Don't listen to any negativity, Leigh (even if it is from your own mother). You did your best and that's what counts!

You're really going places, I know. Don't let any of the frustration get to ya. I know it's tough, but keep your head up! Don't forget you have friends by your side... we're with ya every step of the way.

Good luck with everything.


Morgan
xxxx

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you did your best ,no one can do more !so dont worry about it ,dont forget she didnt want you to do a journal at first ,now look at you ,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Well I think you did well, don't know how your Mum could say that.I would be chuffed to mintballs if my boys had done so well ,when they were at school.Even so they have done pretty good for themselves since leaving,and gone on all three of them, to very good jobs,so i am well pleased with them.Don't be put off, and you will be accepted I am sure.Also does anyone ever listen today,who you realy want to ? WELL DONE I SAY AGAIN TO YOU LEIGH !!!!!
Astoriasand

Anonymous said...

Bud, as long as YOU know that you did your best, what else matters?! WELL DONE!

Lv Stevie
xxxx

Anonymous said...

A pass is a pass. you did well, don't let anybody take that away from you. You need to find that positive mood you had in your last entry and keep with it. Good luck. B

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone else you did your best and passed all subjects ~ So you must keep positive and I am sure you will ~ let us know how your meeting at school goes ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

you have done your best and you have passed your GCSE...so what is there to worry about? nothing! best wishes and take care!

Astra!

Anonymous said...

We mothers always want the best for our children.  She was just giving you a loving hint that she knows how smart you are and you could have pushed yourself a little harder.  Which is something a lot of us need ever now and again.    Dawn
A Couple of Nomads