Sunday 24 September 2006

Sunday Springclean

Hi everyone!

 

I took a little bit of inspiration from Morgan and decided to clean my room earlier this afternoon.  I did it from top to bottom.  Dusted, vacuumed, and wiped everything down.  I thought if I don’t do it today it will never get done.  As my Uncle Rob always says “Don’t put off today what you can do tomorrow”.

 

When I started taking books off the shelf to dust, I thought “Oh my goodness, what have I done?”  I didn’t realise I had so much stuff!  I am one of those people who hoards stuff.  I can’t bear to throw anything away in case it comes in handy in the future.  But I was quite strict with myself and donated most things to charity.  “Another man’s junk is another man’s treasure”.

 

Everything is orginised now and I feel so much better that everything has been picked up and the object is in its own place.  I think life will be so much easier and less stressful for me now.  I am determined to keep on top of this cleaning and not to let the dust build up for too long.  For motivation I put on my favourite CD and just dance as I clean.  It’s good exercise for my legs too!

 

I have decided to write a Question & Answer session soon, as everyone seems to be doing them.  If you have any questions, leave them in a comment and I promise to answer them as honestly as I can.  Don’t be afraid, just ask!

 

Hope you’re all well.

 

Lots of love and hugs

Thanks to Missie for today’s graphics xx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy I could be of inspiration to you, even if it is just about cleaning. But yes, it definitely relieves stress, and it sounds like you've got it all together now!

Hope you're having a great day,

Morgan
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Nice when you have a good clean out of all the things you have been hoarding. You get a real feeling of satisfaction.  I cannot think of any questions offhand, but I answered some on my journal recently, that might give you some inspiration.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Lol..I think your uncle Rob means 'Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today'..lol!  But then again, I prefer his version..lmao!

Glad to see you still doing well in your journal bud!

Lv Ste
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Great entry Leigh and super graphics nice and cheery for this rainy Sunday. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh :-) I need to take a leaf out of your book and do some clearing out!! I've loads of stuff the charity shops should have ~ I'll get round to it eventually I suppose! Love your graphics :-)
Take care, hugs Debbie ~xxxxx~
http://journals.aol.co.uk/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh, I'm new to your journal. Just checking out some of the suggestions for VIVI nominations. I'm sure i'd have lots of questions to ask, but hopefully over time i'll learn more about you!!!

I need to have a clean up of my room too, but its so hard to find the time. if i'm not doing school work or working or online, i'm usually talking to my bf or sleeping. i miss my carefree days! lol!

Shermeen xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/shermeen0621/PublicThoughts/

Anonymous said...

i hate cleaning i do it every day and in the mornings its back to a bombsite,lol,i wish i could get my kids to clean their rooms,xxzoexx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/DomesticAbuse/

Anonymous said...

Well done you for cleaning your room ~ isn't it amazing where all the dust comes from ~ I expect the charity shop will be glad of your donation ~
Question ~ "what is the most satisfying thing you have learned through doing your journal"
Ally