Friday 15 September 2006

When Will I Be Famous?

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes left for mum.  The poem and comments made mum smile and she appreciates your kind thoughts.  Mum and dad went out for a romantic meal last night to celebrate her birthday and their 20th wedding anniversary, which was on Wednesday.

 

On Monday I had some celebrating to do of my own.  I auditioned for a role in the Viva! Christmas pantomime “Cinderella”.  I will play the character Buttons. He really likes Cinderella, but he daren’t admit his feelings, as she is about to marry Prince Charming.

 

The only problem is, they would like me to sing “You Raise Me Up” by Westlife.  I have no problems with the band or song, but I don’t think the song would suit my voice.  I have requested to sing a more positive song like “Get Happy” by Judy Garland.

 

They will send me an e-mail within the next few days with song titles to choose from.  When they told me I got the part, I just laughed, I couldn’t believe it! I was excited to learn than Buttons has an even bigger part to play in the show than Prince Charming.

 

 Now I am determined now to learn my lines off by heart, and not let stage fright take over on the day.

 

Later on my family and I are going on a caravan holiday to Burnham-on-Sea in just outside Wales.  This time, I was allowed to take a friend for company.  Kailei is so looking forward to it as she doesn’t go away often.

 

I have been to Burnham many times before.  Each time we have stayed in a different caravan park.  We are staying in Brean Sands this weekend and I have never been there before.  So I’m really looking forward to a break away from home!

 

Have a great weekend everyone.  

 

 

Next week I am considering writing a Q&A session about myself.  If you have any questions, please leave them as a comment.  I promise to answer them all truthfully and honestly.  It's exciting to think what kind of questions you guys could come up with... don't be afraid, just ask! 

 

Also if you haven’t signed my Guestbook yet, please do!  Thank you xx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on getting the part of Buttons ,will be looking forward  to all your activities,rehearsals choosing your song etc ,have fun at Burnham ,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

So glad for you your mum loved her words and wishes from all.WoW!! we do have some very talented people here in J/Land don't we now?What with Stevies singing and now your acting Leigh,I hope they take a video of the performance when you have done it and you put it out to us.Have a lovely holiday.I love Wales but I have yet to go there on holiday for it not to rain,so I hope the sun shine for you.Last one I had there was 2 yrs ago in Newquay brand new 3 bedroomed caravan.I like lots of space.It was beautiful but  it rained all week.Take Care.
Astoriasand  http://journals.aol.co/uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Great title hope I helped with that. It will be great to hear how all the rehearsals etc go for the panto we will all have to get tickets. Great chat this morning Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the part Leigh! And don't worry about stage fright, you'll be GREAT, I know it! And I was involved in plays and musicals for years in my elementary/middle school days, so let me know if ya need some acting tips LOL!

Have a great time on your weekend trip!

Morgan
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hope your Mum had a lovely evening out to celebrate her Birthday and their wedding anniversary ~Clever you getting the part of Buttons look forward to hearing what song you eventually choose ~ hope you have a lovely time at Burnham and so glad you are taking a friend with you ~ will have to think of a question for you if you do a Q&A entry next week ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have questions now! lol

1. What would you say is your favorite song of all time? (lol I know you're gonna have a hard time picking one...)

2. What is your favorite thing about journaling?

3. What do you think you've learned about yourself throughout your journaling experience?

and finally,

4. Who would you say is your inspiration and/or hero in life, and why?


Have fun answering, Leigh!

Morgan
xxxx