Friday 1 September 2006

Yesterday, Tomorrow, Today

Yesterday Kailei, mum and I had arranged to go shopping.  Kailei arrived at 10a.m then after a cup of tea we set off.  Got in the car, put on the seatbelt, we were all ready for the off... then the car wouldn’t start!

Mum called out the AA.  They said there wasn’t anything wrong with the car battery.  The problem was either the starter motor or the immobilizer.  He said if it happened again the solution would be simple... lock and unlock the car a few times.  We are going on Saturday instead now, as we will not have to rush.

Then after some lunch Kailei and I arranged to go to the cinema with Ross.  We decided to watch “Snakes on a Plane”.  It stars Samuel L. Jackson as an FBI agent.  I thought the film was fantastic, even though it made me jump a few times.  I like films that make a person jump.  Just out of curiosity, why WOULD there be snakes on a plane?

 

I rang the college back yesterday afternoon.  I told them I no longer wanted to attend the Childcare course.  They said “Oh okay thank you for letting us know, Bye.”  My meeting about A-Level choices with Mr. G will take place on Tuesday afternoon at 12:40p.m.  So wish me luck! 

 

I’m really amazed at how quickly twelve weeks have passed.  I’m really excited about starting Sixth Form, but I bet when the workload piles up we’ll regret the excitement.  I am hoping to study Computing, Health and Social Care and Psychology.  I would also like to re-sit maths at GCSE level to improve the low grade I had.

 

Mum has been looking after my eight year old god-daughter Eloise today.  She loves singing, dancing, clothes and bags like any other girl.  Her favourite food is corned beef hash.  She says my mum makes ‘the best corned beef hash in the world’ LOL! Isn’t she sweet? Can you imagine her excitement when mum told her I was making it for day?

 

Have a good weekend, everyone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the corned beef hash was a success ,its one of my favourites too,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

LOL that's a good question... Why WOULD there be snakes on a plane?

Eloise sounds just darling, tell her hi for me :-)

Good luck with your meeting, and I think that's so cool that you want to study Psychology... I want to get a PhD in it once I go to college. (So much in common, once again lol)

Hope you're having a great day!
Morgan
xxxx

Anonymous said...

sorry you missed the shopping trip ~ Glad you enjoyed the film (were there snakes on the plane ?)  Glad you have sorted out the college and they now know you are not attending ~ so hopefully that Taxi won't turn up after all ~ these 12 weeks seem to have flown by ~ I love corned beef hash as well glad Eloise is pleased she is having it for Lunch ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Think most people love corned beaf hash Leigh.Glad you have the college sorted ,sorry your car let you down for the shopping trip.Love your graphic reminds me we are now into harvest time September.So think there will be a few entries on that subject soon.I myself almost did one yesterday.Take Care.
Astoriasand

Anonymous said...

I have seen the bit on the telly abut that film and you would not get me there free of charge I am terrified of snakes.  Glad you enjoyed it.  Love Joan.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansMusings/

Anonymous said...

hi Leigh...just dropped by to wish you a great weekend

Astra!