Tuesday 2 January 2007

Back to Reality

Mum has taken down the Christmas decorations now, while Dad is back at work. She has decided to leave the lights in our front window until the twelfth day after Christmas.  It’s funny how people always like to put the decorations up early, and then is in no hurry to take them down after the holidays.  The room feels bare without its centrepiece.

 

A sense of normality has kicked in again.  I go back to school on January 9th.  I have two essays to write for English and one report for Health and Social Care.  I know now it would have been easier to work on a bit every night.  But the truth is I couldn’t be bothered to do the work!  It was Christmas last week and all I wanted to do was chill out, forget about school and enjoy the celebrations.

 

All I need is motivation and reassurance, and then I’ll get done.  This is a bad habit to break.  I always seem to leave tasks till the last minute.  Then I have to rely on extensions, which isn’t fair on the teachers.

 

I’m so easily distracted!  If I’m doing some work I’m usually online, or listening to music.  It helps me concentrate better on the set task.  That usually gets me nowhere because I sing along to the songs.  Have you got any tips which could help me in this situation?

 

Hope you’re all having a wonderful day.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Leigh people do tend to wish the decorations were all down and put away soon after Christmas.This year though I have decided to leave mine up until on or after the 6th,even though I am tempted to take them down now. I was always told on or after the 6th.So that I am doing this year..I think you should make your New Years resolution that each day no matter what, to spend at least one hour of your Pleasure time which would be either TV or online or listening to music,your study time instead.This way you may get into the habit and not have too much to do in short time.We all have to plan our work and I feel sure if I didn't plan my day, I wouldn't get done what is needed.Hope you are well,Yes things do look quite bare and boreing for a few days after all the glitter is taken down again.Take Care.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh...

HAPPY NEW YEAR with good health and happiness through-out 2007.

Astra!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/astra1547/astrasjournal

Anonymous said...

LOL Hon I was always the same way with schoolwork!!! But here is an idea that just might work. Reward yourself. Save something you really like, candy, movie, anything that picques your interest, as a reward for after you do your schoolwork.
Knowing something special is waiting on the other side of that assignment might help it flow and go easier. I used to think of schoolwork like the veggies you don't like on your plate. Eat em first and get it over with. Then all the good food you do like would take the taste out of your mouth LOL. I'm not sure any of this will help, but might be worth a try. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Leigh it don't seem possible Christmas and New Year have been and gone ~ it all went far to quickly ~ Our Christmas decorations have been taken down ~ hope you get all of your homework done ~ long before you have to return to School ~ I also hope you and your family have a wonderful New Year ~ Ally