Wednesday 24 January 2007

The outcome...

 

When the crunch came to the crunch, I didn’t audition for a role in the school musical.  I let my nerves get the better of me.  I was going to audition.  I had learnt my lines and songs.  But as last lesson began I couldn’t help thinking “What am I doing?”  I wasn’t nervous or anything about the audition.  But I kept on thinking what would happen if I got a part in “We Will Rock You”.

 

At the moment I am studying to achieve A-Level qualifications in Health & Social Care and English Literature.  I am struggling to meet the demands of those subjects.  I do not need the added pressure of rehearsing for a musical too.

 

 

 

I’m sure the drama teacher will have jobs to do backstage.  Maybe I will get assigned to help backstage.  I know the pantomime in December was successful, but I may have got stage fright in front of whole school.  I didn’t want that to happen, that would be my worst nightmare.

 

I’m sure I’ll get many other opportunities to share my talent.  I’m taking part in the Viva! re-run of “Cinderella" in April so all is not lost.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh, dont beat yourself up about it.  It takes a special kind of person to audition for things. I personally could never have done anything like that.  My daughter Allison when she was your age was quite the actress and was planning to go to Drama school in London.  We went up to audition to several places, can't remember the names now, but they were top places in London, or one was the Barbacan, How she did these auditions I will never know.  She finally had a place in Guildhall Drama School and was going to start in  the following September, but alas she went a got herself pregnant at nineteen,  and that was the end of the  big dreams. But she has been happily married now to Keith who is a primary school teacher for the last 12 years and they have 3 girls, Allison is now a nursery school teacher, has taken her N.V.Q. stage 3 and planning to do stage 4 this year Its more about management. She has also done a 2 year course in sign language and her aim, she is now 40 years old, is to teach small children with disablities.  So although she had Daniel who is now 21 years It didn't stop her doing other things she enjoys. Theres lots of things out there try them all. Kathie.  

Anonymous said...

I think you're wise, Leigh.  It's a lot to take on, and potentially stressful.  Enjoy your course, and Buttons in April.  Bunny.

Anonymous said...

you do what you feel you can and in the meantime,keep going with the studies,youre doing well hun all the best zoe xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/DomesticAbuse/