Monday 8 January 2007

Hurrah!

 

Hooray, I finished one essay over the weekend! I did the easier one first.  I had to write about the famous carriage-ride scene in “Emma” by Jane Austen. Now I have to write another essay in which I have to compare two poems and the poet’s idea on the theme of marriage.

 

I always find the poetry segment of English Literature difficult.  Very soon we shall be having a new teacher as our old one is retiring.  He was a good teacher but he was a traditionalist.  He would always go off on a tangent using big words.  I slowly began to loathe English during the four years he taught me.

 

But the new teacher has put a modern spin on it.  She explains things in simple terms and in a way her pupils understand.  In her opinion, our old teacher would “empathise too much on things that weren’t relevant”.

 

I have had no luck on finding the missing pencil case yet, though I have a good idea where it could be. In school, like mum suggested, on one of my English classes.  That was the last lesson I had before the holidays.  So I’m hoping it’ll still be there.

 

Have a great evening!

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are many people Leigh who not only explain themselves in big words but write int hem also.Yes sometimes is difficult for some older adults to understand never mind younger people as yourself.Gues I never was one for big words myself.Anyething that is simple in my eyes is much more interesting.Hope the pencil case turns up at school or there will be someone flapping tomorrow I guess LOL!! Glad you got your head down to some essay work WELL DONE (clap clap)Take Care
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh,  Im in "ADC" too.  Nice to meet you.  Stop by my journal and say Hi.
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Your at least on your way now. On poetry , try this.......put it in todays, words if you can. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. But normally it gives you a broader idea of what the author is trying to tell you. It always worked for me. But then again it's been 20 some odd years since I've had to do just that. LOL!! Good luck hon on your last essay!! (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Hi, Leigh. Welcome to the group! Schultz was one of my favorites, too. I work with at-risk kids. I am from Texas. I hope to get to know you better as the days go by. Thanks for leaving me your link.
Win =.)

Anonymous said...

I always loved English Literature class.  And it's carried over to my old age, as I love to read to this day.  Hope you find your pencil case soon.   Linda in Washington state  http://journals.aol.com/lsfp1960/LindasWorld/