Monday 1 January 2007

New Year, Fresh Start

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007 EVERYONE!

 

I can’t believe it’s the first of January 2007.  This time last week it was Christmas Day.  Where does the time go?  Days seem to fly away as quickly as they arrive.

 

I spent the last night of 2006 with my grandmother’s house.  The night seemed to disappear so quickly.  Nan was worried where the hours were going.  “Why can’t time just stop? Then none of would get older.  Then we could stay as we are.”   Time waits for no-one; it’s just something we have to make the most of.

 

Usually I like to see the New Year in watching Jools Holland’s AnnualHootenanny concert on BBC2.  The former member of Squeeze conducts an orchestra.  Then he sings with celebrities who have had an impact on the charts that year.

 

This year Nan wanted to watch the conclusion of “A Dinner of Herbs”, a drama based on a novel by Catherine Cookson.   I vaguely remember watching it on T.V years ago.  I didn’t have a clue what it was about.  Well I was only 12 years old at the time.

 

Then we watched the New Years’ Eve celebrations in London broadcast on the BBC.  The firework display was marvelous.  I would have loved to been there.  The atmosphere must have amazing!  

 

The weather in Wales was terrible last night: thunder, lightening and gale force winds.  Many celebrations had to be cancelled because of the awful weather conditions.  It is still raining as I type this.

 

I hope you all had a wonderful New Years’ Day.  I arrived home for my Nan’s to find 43 e-mails waiting for me in my inbox.  I spent most of the afternoon commenting on journal entries.  I didn’t realise how time-consuming writing comments could be.  I’m not going to let Alerts pile up like that again!

 

Hope you all have happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

 

 

Thanks to Donna and Morgan for the lovely graphics. xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL my graphic looks so “ho-hum plain Jane” next to D’s...
I agree with you (and your Nan) about time flying by. We look back on everything later and think “Where has it all gone?” and wish we could have it back. But inevitably, time goes on, and we change and grow. May each day of this new year bring you all the change and growth you need to be prosperous, healthy, and most of all, happy. Love ya Leigh.

Morgan
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Yes, we can all wipe the 2006 slate clean and get  a fresh start.  It's like moving into a new house or apartment...we can decorate our life anyway we want for the next 364 days.  Linda in Washington state

Anonymous said...

Hi !!!!!!!!!! I have found that its perfect to come visit your journal in the beginning of a new year. I did spend quite a bit of time with my family which I enjoy. We celebrated the New Year with lots of excitement and we went out and then we celebrated today at home. I have enjoyed visiting your journal and getting to know you. I think that your journal is a must visit for those wanting to get to know a really sweet and interesting person such as yourself. I hope your NEW Year's continues to be a good one. Take care and do continue your journal. Byyyyyye !!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hope you have a great new year.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and yours a great upcoming year in 2007!

Gab