Thursday 11 January 2007

My Pets

Today, I thought I would introduce you all to my pets.

 

We adopted Soapy back in September 1996.  My mum’s friend cat had given birth to a litter of six kittens.  It was costly and unfortunately, she could not take care of all of all them.  So mum was asked if she could give a good home, and the rest is history.       

 

When he was younger, he jumped in the bath.  Then he started playing with the foam bubbles.  He got out and was covered in white bubbles!  That’s how he got his name.

 

He is a very friendly cat.  He also likes to eat and sleep all day. Wouldn’t life be easy if we were a cat?

 

Our youngest cat is named Chewy.  We rescued her from an Animal shelter in July 2004.  Her previous owners had named her Chewbacca from the “Star Wars” movies.  We shortened it, and my goodness, she lives up to it by eating anything and everything! 

 

When we brought her home, she couldn’t eat.  All she was drinking was cat milk.  But then Soapy encouraged her to eat, and showed her what to do.  They get along great.  They really look after each another.

 

Chewy is a very shy and timid cat.  Mum used to look after some children, who would chase after her and scream at her.  It was terrible, and shortly afterwards we asked the mum to find another child minder.

 

Mum still looks after children.  But these ones are much better behaved.  But if Chewy hears any loud or sudden noises, she runs away.  Now, she is getting used to things and is much better.

 

 

Thanks to my ADC Group for the graphics.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww their adorable.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Oh Leigh that is a lovely tale thanks for telling us how you got your two cats and how come you named them ~ and the pictures are lovely ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of your cats! Hi...I belong to ADC as well! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Lovely, Leigh.  We haven't had a cat for 15 years - I feed the birds - but I do miss all the affection, and especially the purring.
Bunny.

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh just to say I read your journal with interest. As I am a new member and still learning. Its nice to see young people shareing their thoughts and ideas. Kathie.

Anonymous said...

Awwww Leigh...they're gorgeous! I LOVE cats soo much!!
Thanks for sharing...Happy new year by the way..hope you have a good one!

Lv Ste
xxx

Anonymous said...

Well Leigh this is such a lovely entry. How bonny are those cats of yours.The pictures you have taken are realy good.Love there names had to laugh at Soapy LOL!!! The graphics are realy nice.Take Care God Bless
Astoriasand Http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I love your pets, they are well cute. I aint got any pets of my own yet but cats are better for a first time pet aren't they?

Anonymous said...

Loved your cats!! Your chewy looks like my Socrates (My daughter named her, she has all white paws.) I have 6 Cats, 4 indoors, and 2 outside cats. The outside cats love us and loved getting fed, but don't trust being closed in. All my cats where strays that where rescued. We now have another Blk. cat wandering in the woods next to my house. I'm trying to get it to come and eat something. Pickles my hearing dog was also a rescue from Katrina. (Hugs) Love Ya Indigo

Anonymous said...

The kitties are just beautiful!  

be well,
Dawn