Thursday 4 January 2007

The Sound of Laughter

 

On Tuesday I watched the Christmas and New Year specials of “The Vicar of Dibley”.  I don’t think I laughed so much in all my life, it was hilarious!  Dawn French stars as Geraldine Granger, and in my opinion is brilliant at any she does.  The comedy has ended after twelve years of making us laugh – and the show ended on a high by pulling in the highest rating of viewers.

 

During an interview in “The Daily Mirror”, the show’s creator and writer Richard Curtis admitted the characters are to return for one last special.  The last-ever episode is going to be broadcast in March 2007, as part of the Comic Relief fundraising extravaganza.

 

This is one of many hilarious scenes from the Christmas special 2006: "The Handsome Stranger".

 

~ The Proposal ~

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally Leigh I do not watch much TV at all.But I do know Dawn French is such a good actress.I am pleased you enjoyed it so much it's good to have a good laugh,it is very good medicine.I suppose you will now be looking forward to the one LAST special now then? Take care
Astoriasand Http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Leigh I shall miss The Vicar of Dibley that is/was one of my favourite programmes ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Well naturally I've never seen the show, but that clip was hilarious, I agree.
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

PS Leigh The Video had me ROFL she is so funny.Haaaaaaaaaa!!Take care
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand.MYSIMPLERHYMES