Sunday 14 January 2007

Bitten By the Acting Bug

As many of you know, last Christmas I took part in a charity pantomime “Cinderella”.  It was orginised by a charity called The Viva! Project. 

 

 

Viva is a registered charity working with disabled young people aged between 11 and 25, who live in the Rhondda Valleys in South Wales. The charity was established in 1992 to create and facilitate leisure and training opportunities for young people with disabilities. 

 

 

I shall don my red cap and suit once more to play Buttons, Cinderella’s best friend.  The performance will take place sometime during April.  I really enjoyed playing that character.  I’m so excited to be reprising it! 

 

 

I am also contemplating auditioning for this year’s school production.  It is based on a West End musical called “We Will Rock You” and it features the songs of rock band Queen.

 

 

I am nervous about auditioning, but if I don’t try I will never know.  Also Freddie Mercury’s voice is high pitched.  I don’t think his songs will suit my voice.  To be honest, I am not a big fan of Queen, but I like some of their songs.  I have not sung a song by Queen in my life!!  There’s a first time for everything.

 

 

Also when I studied Drama at GCSE level, it used to frustrate me a lot.  I’d work so hard in rehearsals, then on the day I’d mess it all up by forgetting my words.  It was a scripted performance and it did not help my nerves when an examiner turned up to watch, I froze!

 

 

I felt so bad.  I felt I let everyone down.  It really knocked my confidence and I began to loathe the subject.  I’m back with a vengeance and I want to show that teacher what I can do!

 

 

Thanks to my ADC Group for providing the graphics.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the show ,Im sure you will do well ,your graphics were very good ,but those flashing lines were very painful ,whilst trying to read your entyry ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Yes Leigh you show that teacher what you can do ~ after your success as Buttons I am sure you will overcome whatever nerves you may have had in the past ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Wow....good luck! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Buttons in April !  I think that's a really good idea.  Fewer distractions.  Bunny  :o))

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh.  I was born Porth and lived there until I was 24 and have been in Chepstow ever since.  I ecpect you will be great in Cinderella. you sound very confident to me and all the hard work will be worth it when you here that appluse at the end so break a leg and go for it.  Will wait in anticapation for more details. Kathie's Corner.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Leigh great entry tonight I see.You get out there Leigh and strutt your stuff.Who's knows after Stevies success we may be looking at another star.Hey where did I go wrong LOL!! No seriously you did so well in Cinderella,you can do the auditions too.Go on Leigh you will make it I am sure.Good Luck if you do go to the auditions........ OH! and Freddie Mercury was my favourite by the way.A brilliant group who made classics.Love the graphics COOL!! Take Care.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES