Sunday 18 February 2007

Ciao For Now!

I am going away for 3 days from tomorrow.  I am going to a place called Pembrokeshire in West Wales with a four other members of the Viva Project.  We are members of the Young Disabled People of Wales Network.

 

We meet up every year to discuss problems that a disabled person might face, and attempt to find ways to improve the problems.  There are also workshops to take part in.  Some are fun, some are boring.  But the great thing is you make new friends and meet old ones.

 

I only joined the Network last year, so I am fairly new to all this.  But I am really looking forward to a few days away from home.  One thing I shall miss though is my mobile phone.  There is limited reception in Pembroke so I won’t be able to text or call as much.  I will be busy, so I won’t need to anyway. 

 

As many of you may remember, last summer I went on holiday to Lanzaroté (click, just added holiday photos from 2006).  I didn’t take my phone because I was afraid it may be stolen.  At the end, I had forgotten how to text.  It was like I had been given a new toy to play with; I had to learn all over again, LOL!

 

I have noticed in the last few months, people have very suddenly gone private or have deleted their journal.  I find this very strange, but people have their reasons.  I hope you are all well, and you all have a wonderful week.

 

Thanks to my ADC Group for graphics.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting Leigh a break away from home does anybody the world of good.I do hope you have a coooool time.You won't have time for playing with mobile phones if you put your mind to other things.I feel we have to look at life without all these new gadgets and try and realise one didn't always have them.I also think this is a wonderful idea too,to help improve your prospects.i hope the weather is kind to you evev though you maybe inside plenty,it still puts a whole new light on a break away.have a wonderful time catch up with you soon.lovely graphic at the bottom love it!! it's so funny lol!! as for other memebers of j/land going private etc,i will not comment on this as i know little why .like you i feel everyone has there own rights to do as they please but it is sad at times when people leava.take care .Safe journeys!!
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

The photo's of you and your parents are realy nice leigh sorry I had to make two camments seperate I  closed the last comment and forgot to look at them lol!! wonderful.
Astoriasand.

Anonymous said...

Leigh I hope you have a wonderful time on your short break ~ you will be able to tell us all about it on your return ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

have a great time hun all the best zoe xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/DomesticAbuse/