Thursday 1 February 2007

Playing Catch-up

 

I’m glad January is over now.  December and January always seems to drag on forever. Once February arrives, I feel as if the year is moving swiftly on.

 

 

 

So what have you all been up to?  Nothing much has happened since I last wrote in this blog.  It seems like forever since I last wrote an entry, but in fact, it’s been three days.

 

 

Last weekend I used my bus pass for the first time without adult supervision.  I went bowling with my friends Ross, Jennie and Joanne.  I didn’t win any of the three games, but I had fun!  I felt so proud of myself for achieving independence.

 

 

On Sunday we went to the cinema to watch “The Pursuit of Happyness”.  It stars Will Smith as a struggling salesman who takes custody of his son (played by his real-life son Jaden Smith), as he's poised to begin a life-changing professional endeavour.

 

 

I wouldn’t have chosen to go to see that film (the girls chose it).  I thought it was good, but it was slow in parts.  The trailer looked excellent on the T.V.  It is more of a thought-provocing “chick flick”. 

 

Christina Aguilera – “Soar” (title track)

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

heya mr leigh ((hugs)).
     sorry i havent commented or added any blogs of my own for ages..... "things" have been goin on around me and i really havent had the time.... glad ur life seems to be taking a turn for the better tho lol..... u'll av to take me bowling soon.... i havent been for ages!!... ,mind u i think it would be better to get over this tummy bug i got first tho yeah? lol..... anyway ....take care and chat soon
                                Shaun xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh. Yes it is nice to get January over and done with. Idris and I went to the pictures last Sunday, we went to see "Blood Diamond" with Leonardo De Caprio it was a very good film indeed quiet shocking, but Leo was very very good in it and we enjoyed it, it made a change to get out. I too am glad that January is over. Kathie.

Anonymous said...

Hey you!
I knowww I haven't commented in... well, forever... but you know how things get, lol. Glad you had fun bowling with your friends. Even if you didn't win, it's great that you were able to go out and have a good time! I saw the previews for the Pursuit of Happyness, I don't know if I want to see it... and my only question is, why do they spell happiness, "happyness"... is there a point to that? lol leave it to me to analyze things before I even see them.
Hope you're doing well, and I promise we'll talk soon! Love ya,

Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

Don't know about Jan and Feb Leigh ,I think the whole darn winter has been a drag LOL!!!! I am not a cinema go-er and do not watch many films, so I cannot comment on that one sorry.Well done on the travelling alone.Hope you are well.Have a good Friday and week/end I am going away for a few days.Take care God Bless.
Astorisand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astorisand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by Leigh.  When you have the time I recommend you research your family tree, it is a fascinating hobby and so much easier now that so much information is online.  I wish I had done mine much sooner when the older generation were alive and I could have asked so many questions and got even more information.  Have a great weekend.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for Spring to come Leigh ~ but I think we still have a bit of winter to get through yet ~ Glad you ventured out on your own and used your Bus Pass that is a good achievement ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Just remember with growing independence, also comes responsibility. Enjoy being young while you can!! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

hey! was the film any gd?!?! the name soudns familiar but the rest is all a blur.  Last time i was at cinema was 2 c "The Davinci Code" i thought it was amazing... or maybe it was "prirates of teh carribean 2" who cares.  :-) xx