Saturday 10 February 2007

Let It Snow!

Yes, it was forecast earlier in the week, and for once the weathermen were proved to be right.

Over the last two days, Great Britain has ground to a halt.  We can't cope with a few inches of snow.  As you can imagine it's led to chaos.  Many schools (including mine), airports and roads have closed throughout the country because of the heavy snowfall.

I woke up at 07:25a.m on Thursday morning.  I really panicked because I thought I was late for school.  I couldn't believe it as I looked at the view from my bedroom window.  My back garden was covered by a white blanket of snow.

I have not dared venture out and about in these conditions.  Knowing my luck, I would probably slip, as I am unsteady on my feet.  The last two days have seemed really long and drawn out, because of this.

I shall close this entry here, as I seem to have been on the computer all morning typing this. Stay safe and warm this weekend.

Thank you to Donna and my ADC Group for providing the graphics used in today's entry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You take care Leigh if you are tempted to go out ~ don't want you slipping over ~ we didn't have much snow and it is all gone now but it is still very cold and been raining on and off all day ~ hope you will be back at school soon so the days won't seem so long ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Yes Leigh the weather has been trecherous for some up and down the country with the snow.Afraid we only got a showering one morning last week nothing much realy at the side of some.Today it is gale force winds and rain rain rain.Grrrrrrrrrrrr.I am still sussing this thing out LOL!! but I am slowly catching up at the same time on a few alerts.Monday will soon be around as the weekend flies by,and you will have a few laughs I suppose then, at the school you will be working.Take Care
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I wish there would be more snow!! the weather man cant seem 2 make his mind up... he z there was gonna b heavey snow 2nite but nw he's sayin there will b light rain!!! grr!  i had a couple of days off last week, was gr8... could still do with more lol. Bye bye :-)

Anonymous said...

I don't like snow, never have. Be careful going out. (((((((hugs))))))))))
Cindy