Friday 16 February 2007

Work Experience - Day 5

 

Today was my last official day at my work placement.  It’s a pity the placement was only a week long.  But I will be going back there after half term to help as a volunteer.  It will be good to see everyone again.

 

 

This morning, the children had “Show & Tell” where they all had to sit in a circle and share news and show things to the class.  That was an easy job for me.  All I had to do was ask “What’s your news you’d like to share?” and then respond appropriately.

 

 

Then after break I gave the students a spelling test.  That went really well.  It took about twenty minutes.  We watched a recording of last year’s Christmas play, which was fabulous!  It was based on Lionel Bart's musical "Oliver!".  Then, all afternoon I had a song stuck in my head... "Wouldn't It Be Loverly?" from "My Fair Lady", LOL!

 

 

The afternoon passed by very quickly.  We had a birthday party as it was three pupils’ birthdays in the half term holidays.  They will be eight years old.  We all had a slice of cake, and they had a lucky bag which contained some sweets.

 

 

At the end of the day, Mr. Rees told the class my news that I would be returning after Half Term.  Some screamed, some shouted, some even jumped around the classroom.  Clearly by that reaction, my visit had a positive impact on the children.

 

 

I have had an awesome week at theprimary school.  I would like to thank Mrs. Evans, Mr. Taylor and all the other staff for this wonderful opportunity I had.  I had a marvellous time, and I can’t wait to go back to visit soon.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Leigh I had no sooner asked for Fridays post and it arrived lol!! I am happy to read you had a wonderful interseting day once more.I feel you have fit in very well and the pupils reactions to the news you will be back proves so.I am so happy for you.Take Care
Astoriasand

Anonymous said...

Leigh I am glad you had such a good week and enjoyed it so much ~ the children certainly seem to have taken to you ~ and you to them ~ Ally