Wednesday 7 February 2007

I'm still here!

I can’t believe it’s been seven days since I wrote an entry in this journal.  It seems much longer!  Well, nothing of importance has happened.

 

 

I’m excited at the moment because next week I am going on work experience.  I will be working in a school as a classroom assistant.  I am looking forward to working there, and getting a break from my own school work.

 

 

I had so much fun when I went on work experience two years ago.  I worked in a local primary school as a classroom assistant.  It took to realise the pupils were calling me “Sir”.  But it was rewarding to know I had helped a child understand tasks and solve problems independently.  

 

 

I felt emotional after the two weeks had finished because I had got to know the children so well.  Their teacher called me her ‘saviour’ because the students listened to me.  Was it because I was a new ‘teacher’?

 

I begin on Monday, and I can’t wait!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy your work experience next week Leigh ~ it seems like the perfect job for you as you enjoy it so much ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Leigh; I would be terrified !  Bunny x

Anonymous said...

Well Leigh I do hope you enjoy your new work experiance with the school children as much as you did the last time.Whats it like to be called a sir LOL!!Love the graphics.Good Luck for Monday LOL!!! Take care.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

hey!! i remember my work experience... i asked 2 work at the vets but i made teh stupid mistake of telling them i was allergic 2 cats... so they made me work at TESCO!!! was not amused! it was awful!  :-)