Thursday 2 August 2007

Laughter is the Best Medicine

 

Well, my wish has been granted!  In South Wales, we have had six days of sunshine on the trot.  I’m so happy to see sunshine at last!  I did not think it would come after all that torrential rain we had.  Dare I say it, but I think summer has officially started!

 

I decided to go to the local cinema yesterday afternoon.  I would’ve liked to have seen the musical “Hairspray”, but unfortunately the bus was twenty minutes late!  I do agree with you Ste, buses are a real pain in the ass!

 

We arrived at the cinema five minutes before the film was due to start.  I was really hungry by that time, so decided to go to McDonald’s for a bite to eat.  I took my time eating, didn’t see the point in rushing.  I’m not that fussed with McDonald’s food, and rarely visit the restaurant.  But I did enjoy every mouthful of my Chicken McNuggets!

 

Then, we decided to go and see the much-anticipated “Simpsons Movie”.  I used to be a big fan of the show when I was younger.  The movie has received mixed reviews from critics, so I was a little sceptical about it.  I found the film very funny, it appealed to the young child within me, LOL!

 

Although, sometimes I found myself thinking “Oh man, what am I doing here?”  There we go, I’ve seen it now, and I needed a laugh, hehe!

 

 

 

Next week, I am going to see “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” with mum.  I can’t wait!  As many of you know from previous posts, I started reading the book, and I finished it on Sunday.  Now I am progressing swiftly through Book Six.

 

That’s all my news for now, dear readers.  I’m off now to enjoy the remainder of the sunshine.  Hope you all have a very pleasant day!

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))Glad you enjoyed your movie.Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh, TY for visiting & leaving a comment. I am wanting to see the new Harry Potter movie & Hair Spray (plus many others)...but I seldom get to go anywhere, may have to wait till they come out on DVD.
Glad you enjoyed McDonalds & the Simpsons!!! :)
Huggies,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

My son wants to see the simpson's movie over the weekned. I'm not a big fan of the simpsons, but I do call my husband Homer sometimes! LOL
Missie

Anonymous said...

hey buddy, glad you enjoyed the movie, it looks great, i cant wait to see it myself! glad you had a great time, thats what summer hols are for, enjoy the rest of the summer! xxx Chris

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good laugh at the movie not a Simpson fan myself as I don't have much of a sense of humour. Now Harry Potter that 's better hope you enjoy that. LOve Joan.

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the movie Leigh I am looking forward to seeing it myself ~ and I want to see the Harry Potter film ~ but think I will get the videos and watch them at home ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Well, did it last for you, Leigh?  It's been bucketing down here in the North West for the best part of two days.  Brilliant sunshine for the Salford Triathlon on TV, so Manchester isn't living up to its wet reputation!
Bunny x