Monday 19 November 2007

Fantastic France [Part Two]

Tuesday

 

This morning after breakfast, my group had a go at rock climbing.  I had done a little rock climbing when I was younger.  I was really excited and couldn’t wait to have a go!

 

However, the activity was more difficult than I expected.  My legs were numb from the cold weather and I couldn’t find the strength to pull my body up the wall.  Somehow, I managed it.  If I’m honest, I enjoyed the abseiling a lot more.

 

After lunch and a lesson in the classroom, we visited the French town of Fuggiurre (sp?).  We were asked to interview a random French person in the town.  I feel a bit stupid going up to someone in the street, but the individuals were very obliging.

 

Then another task was to go into a tourism office and find directions to a place.  Then we had to find out about an event going on in the town.

 

I thought it would be clever to go into a French travel agent to enquire about a festival.  I walked in, and asked “Qué est supermarché?”  (“Where is the supermarket?”)  Oops a daisy!!

 

The look on the woman’s face was unbelievable.  She was lost of words.  But she was willing to help me as much as she could.  I was in hysterics, I couldn’t talk, LOL!!  That certainly made my day.

 


Tags: , , , , ,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))Have a nice evneing.

Anonymous said...

Hi leigh we met in the chatroom on Friday, that climb looked a bit tiring but bet it was fun.

Have a good evening

Yasmin(Cayasm)

Anonymous said...

Do not think I could do that Leigh, I do not like heights

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

You're brave.  I couldn't rock climb!  Enjoy your week.
Missie

Anonymous said...

The young have no fear. Climbing the stairs is high enough for me.
Take care
Carol

Anonymous said...

Lovely Photographs Leigh ~ Seems all the events you had a go at you enjoyed and had fun as well ~ Ally