Thursday 15 November 2007

More News

 

This morning I received a letter from the hospital stating the new appointment of my mole removal.  I am now having surgery on the 6th December.  I have waited over six months.  Now, the time cannot come quick enough!  The mole is not life-threatening, but it makes me feel very self-conscious.

 

 

My friend Ross has passed his driving test!  He passed the first time on Monday morning.  I am very pleased for him.  However, I feel a little envious.  I have been told that I will never be able to drive a car because of my short sightedness.  I really do want to drive and gain some independence.  It hurts because I will never know what the thrill is like to get behind the wheel of a car and drive on the open road. 

 

 

I try to look on the bright side by thinking of the pounds I have saved having no lessons.  I don’t want to be dependant on people, but unfortunately, that is how the Wheel of Fortune spins.  Oh well…

 

 

 

Tomorrow is “Children in Need Day”.  The Sixth Form fancy dress theme this year is “T.V or Movie Characters”.  I don’t usually like fancy dress, but this year I have made an effort to set a good example to the younger students of the school.

 

 

I am dressing up as a hippie. Or if anyone asks, I’m John Lennon from the movie, “Help!”  I can’t wait; it will be so much fun!  I will ask Mum to take some photos for you all to see.

 

Have a good evening.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure as a teenager, not being able to drive stinks.  I'm sure there is something you can do however that your friend cant'!  Enjoy your day.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your mole removal mate. You'll be fine, I promise!

Congrats to Ross, and don't worry. You'll take your lessons as soon as you can. There's no rush!

Have a great children in need day. I'm taking a special needs group shopping and to see Shayne Ward switch the christmas lights on. It should be great!

Can't wait to see pics of you in costume..hehe!

Take care,

Lv Ste
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Glad you have your appointment at las. Hope you have a great time tomorrow and raise lots of money for Children in Need.  Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Glad you got your appointment, it will go just fine, that was my Dad's Birthday.  Hope you raise a lot of money, looking forward to the photos.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Glad you have your appointment at last I am sue all will be fine.  Have a great day at school with the children in need and hope you raise lots of money. Kathie.

Anonymous said...

Leigh I am pleased your appointment is through for the removal of that mole ~ December 6th isn't too far away ~ Well done to Ross for passing his test the first time ~ I am sorry you won't be allowed to drive ~ but I expect Ross will take you for a spin or two ~ Look foward to seeing the photos in your fancy dress ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))I know what it feels like to have to depend on people to take you everwere.I am sorry that you will never be able to get behind a car.Have a nice weekend.