Sunday 25 November 2007

Unexpected Surprise

Yesterday I had a check-up with my optician.  He said that sight in my left eye is improving.  He has also suggested that I try out some contact lenses after Christmas.  Yes you read right, CONTACT LENSES!

 

I, never in my wildest dreams, would’ve thought that I would be able to wear contact lenses.  I’m so happy right now.  They won’t be as strong as my glasses (which I love), but hey, I am allowed to wear them and I intend to take full advantage of the fact.

 

However, the thought of anything going in my eye sickens me.  Anything to do with eyes freaks me out, it’s just gross!  But I’m sure I’ll get used to it and Leigh will get much sexier, LOL!

 

I asked him if there was any chance I would be able to drive.  After a test, he confirmed the answer I had been expecting.  No, I will not be able to drive at present.  “Why?” I hear you ask… I cannot read a license plate from a distance of 70 kilometres.  The sight in my left eye has improved slightly, so I will keep my fingers crossed.  You never know what the future may bring.

 

Much love!

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope if you want them, you get them.  I've worn glasses since I was a little girl and I can't imagine that now that I'm a grandma I would ever change.  I don't mind them at all.  And they have so many modern syles of frames, glasses can be a "fashion statement."   Linda in Washington state  http://journals.aol.com/lsfp1960/LindasWorld/

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))I hope when you get your Contct Lenses,you will ike them and your right,you never know what the future holds for you.Have a nice week.

Anonymous said...

Thats fantastic getting contact, and good news on your left eye improoving.
Contacts aren't so bad my brother started wearing his aged 9.
Take care

Yasmin

Anonymous said...

You'll love having contacts!  
Missie

Anonymous said...

Show us a picture when you get them won't you Leigh??
I used to wear contacts years ago, and I loved them, although they were a lot of trouble to keep clean.  I suppose they've changed a lot over the years though.  My eyes are too bad now, have to wear glasses, but I don't mind.

Carolx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/carolelainedodd/a-quiet-life......i-wish/

Anonymous said...

Leigh lets hope in the future your eyesight will improve enough for you to take driving lessons ~ glad you are pleased about wearing the contact lenses ~ Ally