Tuesday 13 June 2006

Bitten Nails and a Broken T.V.

 

 Can anyone lend me a T.V?  Mum was playing 'Beehive Bedlam' on Sky on Saturday night. Half-way through, the downstairs T.V knocked itself off and wouldn’t come back on!  This was not the first time.  Dad tried knocking it off and on again at various times over the weekend and finally it gave in and started working properly on Sunday evening.

 

I was disappointed to learn on Sunday that I missed a documentary on Dusty Springfield, the White Lady of Soul.  It was broadcast on ITV Wales a few weeks ago and I forgot to record it.  I am not worried as I’m sure it will be repeated again soon. 

 

 

I enjoy watching documentaries about famous singers/actors to learn about their life and achievements. Last Monday I watched a documentary on BBC 2 about Doris Day, which was interesting.  She was known as the Girl Next Door during the 50’s and 60’s. Presently she is an animal rights activist.

 

I stayed up Nan’s on Saturday.  She is feeling a lot better now.  She went for an X-ray last week and her hips are narrowing.  Unfortunately there is nothing the doctor can do, except higher the morphine dosage in the patches and Nan doesn’t want that to happen. 

 

Nan decided to participate in her bowls game.  She played in a match yesterday, with aid from her secret weapon – support tights and won the game! I still worry that she may be overdoing things by going to bingo and doing other things too.  She assures me she will be fine but it doesn’t stop me worrying!

          

 

Exams are going well.  I can’t believe I only have six left to sit and then that’s it.  The agonizing wait begins. I get my G.C.S.E results on the 24th August.  I expect my nails will be bitten to the core by then!  I will try to give up biting my nails before I go to college.  I have tried to give up a million times before but this time I am determined to succeed!

 

O.K. everyone I will stop there before this turns into quite a longish entry (and we all know what happens with long entries, don’t we?).  Hope everyone is well.

 

Leigh xxx

 

Postscript:

I would like to wish my taxi driver, Clare a belated "Happy birthday". Hope you had a nice day! xxx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry Leigh ~ glad the TV is working again ~ I watched the Dustry Springfield documentary it was very good ~ I am glad your Nan won her match ~ and that she enjoys going to Bingo ~ keeps her young ~glad exams are going well and good luck with the remaining six ~ and yes you must stop biting your nails lol ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

I saw  the Dusty Springfield documentry the other day I had seen it before,but it still held my interest and I enjoyed it again,good luck with the exams....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

This was a very interestig read leigh,I loved Dusty Springfield  Doris Day was always my Brother-In laws favourite,so much so he married my sister as he said not just because she was a fantastic girl,but she looked liked Doris Day too.He idolised her that much in that last year I made my own birthday card for him,on my computer.The front a fantastic Picture of Doris saying Hi!! Albert just dropping in to wish you a very "Happy Birthday inside love from Doris LOL!! He was over the moon and it still stands pride of place in his lounge.He will not take it down LOL!! Glad Nan is still enjoying her bingolet her while evershe cangetout There might come a time whenshe carn't.So she better doing what she can while she can.Good luck with future exams,
Regards Astoriasand.

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh, This is the first time ive read your journal, I saw you on Jans .I enjoyed reading it. I love Dusty Springfield, such a distinctive voice. did you know she was very short sighted and used to write bits on the inside of her arms , which is why she moved them in that way! Your nan sounds good fun despite her problems. good luck with your exams and liked your graphics. Linda xxhttp://journals.aol.co.uk/lindachapmanuk/metamorphing

Anonymous said...

I saw the documentary on Dusty, but had seen it before; also so an excellent one on Mario Lanza the other day as well............not that I liked his work much but he had an amazing voice and was a very unique man.

Anonymous said...

best of luck with your exams hun then have a lovely long break you deserve it xxzoexx.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/DomesticAbuse/

Anonymous said...

Glad that your Nan played bowls with the aid of her tights lol!  It is natural to worry about her but let her do the things she wants to an enjoys.  Glad the exams are going well.  I love documentaries

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

You could get some false nails on ;o) Glad your Nan is a little better, shame abou the narrowing tho :(

Anonymous said...

hope your nan feels better soon and you get the results you want