Monday 5 June 2006

Sunny Days and Football Fever

Wow, we are now half way through the year!  Doesn’t time fly?  I can remember last Christmas morning so vividly, I can’t believe we are in June and World Cup fever begins in four days!  I don’t usually like football, but will probably watch the important matches.

 

Finally the Sun is out and I have been making the most of this glorious weather before it disappears.  The weathermen are optimistic and they say that it will continue until the end of next week!

 

Nan is feeling a lot better now with her hip.  She says ‘thank you’ to all of you who sent lovely Get Well wishes.  Mum’s big toe on her right foot has been hurting her for the past few days.  She has been in absolute agony as her shoes are rubbing her, but is forcing herself to hobble on as normal otherwise her toe will cease up and become swollen.  Get well soon Mum xxx

 

I have had a rather busy Half Term week preparing for the next block of examinations.  Tomorrow I have got English Language (Paper 1). This paper involves a comprehension based on an extract.  Also I will have to write an imaginative story.  Biology is on Wednesday and History (Hitler’s Germany) is on Friday.  At the moment I am feeling confident about all three exams.  My ‘Positive thinking’ philosophy has worked so far.  Fingers crossed that it will continue to work for the remainder of the exams!

 

Have any readers been watching the Celebrity version of ‘The X Factor’? It is addictive viewing!  I think Lucy Benjamin (actress) and Matt Stevens (rugby player); the two finalists are really good singers.  I couldn’t predict who will win because they are so good!  I liked ‘The Chefs’ too, who got sent home on Saturday night.  I they were brilliant because they were so laughable!  Hilarious!!

 

O.K. everyone, that’s it for now.

 

Take care,

 

Leigh xxx

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes of course you must concentrate on your studies..we will be here when you get back ,and masses of good luck ..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I've seen bits of the X factor, in between BB and other stuff, don't really watch that much telly

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your exams Leigh.  And I'm happy that your nan is feeling better!  Hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Hi

Hope your mum gets well soon. Ally gave me graphics to she is very kind. Good luck in your exam's sure you will do brilliently. My favorite Lucy won x factor last night.

Take care x

Anonymous said...

Leigh I am glad your Nan is feeling better and hope your mums toe isn't too painful ~  do enjoy this lovely weather everyone looks so much happier when the Sun shines ~ Lots of Good Luck with your forthcoming exams ~ keep that positive thinking it will work for you ~ I watched most of the X Factor and was glad Lucy won ~ pity it couldn't have been a draw as they were both so good ~ and yes the Chefs were funny and entertaining ~ I liked them to. Ally

Anonymous said...

Good luck with all your revision and exams.  It is supposed to be very hot at the weekend, at least here in the South East.  Glad your Nan is feeling better but sorry about your Mum's toe, I can sympathise after badly cutting mine.  I am glad Lucy Benjamin won although it was difficult because Matt was excellent as well.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Good luck in all you do in the future,I was dissapointed Matt the rugby payer didn't win.Not to worry X factor new one coming up soon.All these journals to follow and that too.We will all be dizzy.Glad your family are feeling better,take care.
Astoriasand.