Monday 26 June 2006

The Right Path To Follow

 

Monday again!  I woke up this morning wondering what day it was.  I haven't got used to the idea that I have ten weeks off for Summer.  I intend to enjoy these holidays and make the most of the time off before the hard work begins!

 

 

Last week I had a meeting with the Head of Sixth Form, Mr. G.  The meeting went well and I have made a decision.  I have decided its best for me to stay on in Sixth Form and study A-Levels in September.

 

 

Lots of my friends are hoping to stay on too.  Teachers who know me and my needs will be there.  Also I will know the surroundings and will gain an extra qualification!

 

 

I feel let down by the college as they didn’t give me all the relevant information about the course.  I didn’t realise that after two years I would become a qualified Nursery Assistant! Then I would have to enroll in another two year curse to get on to the next level, 4 years is a long time! 

 

 

 

Now I will spend two years studying A-Levels and then I will spend three in University.  The bonus is the school will sort out my application to University now.  I will also get as many hours of Support I need, so I am happy!

 

 

I also had my annual Medical check-up on Thursday.  The doctor has recommended I go swimming to build up my back and leg muscles as I have some time off school.   

 

 

Since my operation back in 2003 I have lost all my confidence in the water and I have developed a phobia of water!  Every time I go swimming, I get in the water and it’s as if this powerful force takes over.  I feel as if it’s pulling me under the water and I can’t breathe.  I used to be such a confident swimmer but now I am a nervous wreck!

 

 

I must start going to swimming classes during the week.  This is the only way I am going to conquer the fear of drowning and gain my confidence back.

 

 

I bought three more films this afternoon to watch while the football matches are on.  Football seems to be the only thing on T.V at the moment and it's nearly over!  They are “Closer”, “Crash” and the new version of “Pride and Prejudice".  Anyone readers seen these?  What do you think? Post your comments below please.

 

 

I want to say a thank you to Sarah, who helped me create the Guestbook on my side bar.  I would be very grateful if you all could sign it and leave a message.  Thank you xx

 

Have a good evening, everyone!

 

Leigh xxx 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So with the help of your head master you have decided, I bet you feel relieved now ,you will now know what you are aiming for ,good luck with the swimming you can do it ,before long ,you will be putting the magic words in your journal 'went swimming today ' and enjoyed it !!!..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Leigh I am glad you have come to the decision to stay on and do A levels ~ and then go on to University you now know you will get all the help you need from them ~ Now you can settle down and enjoy your holidays ~ 10 weeks that is a long time hope you have lots planned to fill your days ~ do lots of swimming and get your confidence back like Jan I am looking forward to the entry that you have overcome that phobia and enjoying it again ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

hi Leigh...

I enjoyed reading your journal and will be back...I have signed your guestbook...take care!

Astra!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/astra1547/astrasjournal

Anonymous said...

you are a sweet heart. You don't need to thank me for the guestbook

Anonymous said...

Came by & signed your guest book! Have you signed my yet?
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Sugar