Wednesday 28 June 2006

Is Broadband Better?

 

Writing entries in this journal will probably occupy most of my time and stop me getting bored during the summer break.  When I started ‘blogging’ in May, I didn’t realise what an addictive hobby it would become and how much it would improve my use of English.  I have made some wonderful friends since I discovered J-land.  Thank you all for helping me discover a side to me I never knew existed.  Also thank you for the encouragement and support during the last two months, which has given me the confidence to continue.

 

 

I haven’t been up to much since I last wrote.  Mum has been banned from using AOL in the afternoons.  We have Dial-up Connection, which means if I am on the Net, people cannot get through to talk to mum.  I have been watching T.V and movies during the day to take temptation away from the Internet.  However I am allowed on after 6p.m as it is cheaper to use.  We have been considering getting AOL Broadband for a while now, but haven’t got round to ordering an Installation Pack yet.

 

 

What are the advantages of having Broadband?  What is the difference between the Gold, Silver and Platinum pack?  

 

 

Also I would be grateful if you could sign my Guestbook on my sidebar, if you haven’t already!  Thank you xx

 

Have a lovely evening everyone!

 

Leigh xxx

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just signed your self Ed ,Leigh lol ,I have the silver  package ,not the cheapy ,not the expensive ..but it works for me......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Broadband Silver costs only a bit more than AOL Anytime, is much quicker if you want to do a bit of internet searching but is probably not fast enough if you want to download music or movies.   I have Silver and have found it really useful, especially the fact that one can make and receive telephone calls at the same time.   Watch out though for subtle little "free" AOL add ons.   They start off free but whoever pays the bill in your home may suddenly find that the £15.99 a month they thought was the charge coming off the bank account has jumped up a couple of quid.   I also found that the free McAfee firewall/virus checker actually screwed up my connection with AOL so I dumped it.   Instead I use Norton which costs about £30 a year but, so far, has proved excellent.   Mind you, if I was starting from scratch knowing what I know now I would go for a BT package - it's cheaper, more efficient and works with everything.   AOL does not.
Good luck, happy holidays and I hope the GCSE results come out fine.  But don't worry if they don't - it wouldn't be the end of the world and you could always try again.
Neenie Hoka

Anonymous said...

Morning Leigh am really glad you are enjoying writing your journal ~ and finding it is helping you with your English ~ Broadband is good as you can still use the phone while also using your computer ~ so I would try to convince your Mum it would be well worth it ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

HI hun

Broadband is so much faster. connection is better and there pretty much the same price. I'd never go back to dial up.