Sunday 18 June 2006

Happy Father's Day

I thought the picture above would be appropriate because my father loves to cook and last night we had a barbeque in the back garden.  We invited the next-door neighbour and had lots of fun.  I expect will be having a lot more barbeques if the weather stays hot and sunny like it has been. 

   

 

I bought Dad a CD called “Stadium Arcadium” by The Red Hot Chili Peppers.  He said he liked his present and is looking forward to playing it.  I wish I could spend some more quality time with him but I can’t because he works and on most weeknights I am out with Viva!  I love you Dad ~ you’re the best!

   

 

I heard on the radio this morning that many Welsh dads cannot afford to spend some quality time with their children because they don’t earn enough pay.  The Government says dads are entitled to two weeks paternity leave, but many don’t take time off as they will lose wages.  Tai’s father Neil, who is a builder, has only been allowed a week off work because his company cannot afford to be generous.

 

I usually spend the weekend up my Nan’s.  This weekend she has gone on a trip to Chester with her bingo chum, June.  Chester is one of the places she has always wanted to go and she is enjoying her time in the city.  Yesterday they went to Liverpool for the day and were really excited as they hadn’t been there before.  I would like to visit Liverpool one day, and see the tavern were The Beatles performed in their early days.

 

 

“Someone once told me that music is the sweetest thing, because like a rush of blood to the head it deals with our hopes and fears"

   

I love this quote, simply because it’s this idea that’s stopped me from loosing my mind the last couple of months. I don’t know how you feel, but when I’m peed off or sad I put on my iPod and I’m lost in a world of music.

 

Hope everyone is well!

 

Leigh xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

your dad's lucky to have a son like u x

Anonymous said...

Snap the same graphic .........love the beatles too ......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Love your Graphics Leigh ~ very appropriate as your Dad  likes cooking ~ hope you and you Dad will be able to get some time together ~ Glad your Nan is having a good time going to Chester and Liverpool ~ I liked the Beatles ~ Have never been to Liverpool though ~Loved your quote about "Music is the sweetest thing"~ Hope if you have any more exams next week you get on with them OK ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very special Dad :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh, that barbeque sounded fun, a lovely day for your dad ! I went to see the Red Hot Chilli Peppers in Hyde Park a couple of years ago. They were GREAT! Linda http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindachapmanuk/metamorphing/