Thursday 29 June 2006

The Check Up

 

Mum has been a registered child minder for about eight years.  Her boss is coming to visit tomorrow to conduct an inspection and to fill in a form for a police check.  I am 16 years old so the check has to be done.  I am relived she’s coming over as we have been waiting for this since last December.

 

 

I am looking forward to this week’s episode of “Doctor Who” as it’s the last but one of the second series.  I have only watched the odd episode of Series 2 but the last two episodes look really good! 

 

Sadly, Billie Piper (who plays the Doctor’s companion Rose Tyler) will not be returning for the third series.  Rose has been the only companion to stay with the Doctor throughout an entire incarnation on screen and she may be killed off. 

 

Saving the World ~ The Doctor (David Tennant) with Billie Piper as Rose.

 

Fear not, Billie is currently filming a production called "The Ruby In The Smoke" by Philip Pullman, which will be broadcast in the Autumn.

 

It will be exciting to find out who will become the Doctor’s new companion.  Former “EastEnders” star Michelle Ryan (Zoë Slater) is the bookie’s favourite to win the role.

 

Possible Companion ~ Michelle Ryan

 

I have ordered an Installation Pack for AOL Broadband.  It’s the Silver package, not the expensive but not the cheap.  I shall receive the package within the next few days.  I’m so excited!

 

 

Please sign my Guestbook on my side bar, if you haven't already.  Thank you xx

Leigh xxx

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im sure your Mums police check will be just a formality ,When you get your silver broadband ,it will make life so much easier You can be on the commputer ,and yourMum can chat on the phone to her hearts content ,and everyone will be happy ,dont forget to fit the filter to your phone socket ....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Billie made the role her own i don't know who could do as good job

Anonymous said...

Leigh I am sure your Mums police check up will go well ~ I think you will notice the difference being on Broadband ~ and as your Mum can still chat with her friends on the phone ~ you will both be happy ~ love your smilie ~ I havn't watched Dr Who only the odd episode but I thought Billie Piper was good and I do like Michelle Ryan I think she would be a good replacement ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Broadband is by far the best,a little frustrating getting all set up sometimes,but well worth it in the end.If the phone is very near your pooter though,hope you can put up with all your Mums conversations, whilst you are doing your journal LOL!! If my sister was on the phone at the same time as I was on my pooter, she can talk for England, so I just wouldn't be able to concentrate LOL!! Glad she doesn't live with me Haaaaaaaa!!! Hope you are soon all set up, I'm sure you will be happy with the results.Your journal gets better and love the graphics.Hows Sunny Wales? I have spent many happy hols thier when my family were small.I was reccomended to your journal by Ally.Glad I popped in.Good Luck.Hope The Check Up Goes Well!!!!!!!!
Regards Astoriasand. http:/journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I can remember when we got broadband, not more not being able to use the phone, no more people saying they could not reach me and no more worrying about how much it was costing on the phone bill.  Hope the check goes well as I am sure it will.  Yes, I heard Billie Piper is leaving.  Hope David Tennant goes on for a long time, I love him in the role.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I recently went from dial up to Broad Band. I really like it! At first I couldn't make heads or tails of how to connect it up. LOL  Wasn't bad to install once I called the ph number & they talked me right through it!!! :)
Have a good week sweetie.
Sugar