Monday 3 July 2006

The Next Sporting Hero

 

My next-door neighbour’s grandson is a footballer in the making.  I am really proud of his achievements but recently he has been annoying me and my family!

Every evening the budding Beckham plays football with his grandfather in their back garden.  Then he started kicking the football over our garden wall.  First of all we dismissed it, thinking it was an accident, but now it is getting on our nerves.

 

He has broken a few plants and ornaments in our garden in the last month.  They were partially cleared away by someone.  I suspect they didn’t want the child to get a row.  Last week he wasplaying football as usual when the ball came over and nearly destroyed fresh kidney beans and strawberries which were growing in nearby pots.  He was lucky the fresh produce wasn’t destroyed; otherwise there would have been hell to pay!  He was then warned by his grandmother not to kick the ball too high.

 

A few days ago the ball came over side again!  I think he did this purposely now to get a row.   He waited until he thought we couldn’t see, and then snuck over to retrieve the ball.  That was the last straw!  Mum warned him if it happened again, the ball would be confiscated, or even worse, punctured!  I think this warning has scared him a little, as it has not happened since.

 

He is a young boy and most boys like to play football and have fun.  But what would you do in our situation?

 

If you have not signed the Guestbook, on my side bar, please leave a message.  Thank you xx

 

Hope everyone is well in this scorching weather and keepiing hydrated by drinking plenty of water.    Weathermen say within the next few days temperatures will soar to 32C (90F) here in Wales and across Britain, I'm not looking forward to that!

 

 

Leigh xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How annoying for you ,Yes it does speak of getting hotter ,,cant say I'm looking forward to it ..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh,
I would ask your mum to go knock on there door and explain kindly,how she feels,what has been done and what has been broken.Tell them you have evidance of the damage and witnesses, even if not,it might jerk his mum more a solicitors advise to my sisiter in the past,,and also him entering your garden without permission is tresspassing.Could they kindly refrain from this activity unless the ball is going to be kept in there own garden..........

If it then,happens again,then you can go see a solicitor for free advise,who will then probably,send them a kind letter stateing your rights!!!!!  and worded on a friendly basis,if it continues afterwards, well take pictures of the damage.The solicitor would send them a letter then ,asking them to pay a certain amount for the damage direct to him,usually within a month.If none payment is made,within the given time,The next step is the small claims court.Ask mum to explain to them your plants and vegetables and her garden,are as important to you and her, as his football playing is to him,they may see the light.

If they don't then they have no respect,for others.Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.I hope you can resolve the problem on a friendly basis.My sister had this problem and luckily it worked for her and all was well with them from then onwards.but it is not so for everybody.GOOD LUCK!!!!! I hope you don't end up with "A Neighbour From Hell"

The weather here Leigh on the East Coast has been scorching too.The beach and sea,are very  inviting to me, as I have it in sight, from my lounge and bedroom window,where I live. I had a paddle all along the shore yesterday lol!!Take care.I wish your mum well with her crop,of beans and strawberries.
Regards Astoriasand.

Anonymous said...

Leigh I do so agree with the previous comment ~ you do have rights ~ and it must be so annoying having your garden disruped by a child ~ hope his Grandparents are able to keep him under control ~ if it happens again I am afraid I would keep the football ~ Ally