Thursday 6 July 2006

A Change of Plan

 

I had a totally different entry planned for today but I didn’t go to the presentation ceremony this morning.  I was really looking forward to going but I didn’t have transport.  Mum didn’t see the point of having a posh presentation for a course that lasted for three hours.  I’m sure Nan would have accompanied me, except she had a bowls match.  I was a bit stuck so to spare an argument I said “Fine I won’t go.”

 

 

I have spent most of this afternoon typing out paperwork for mum’s child minding portfolio.  She is very nervous as she has her annual inspection in two weeks.  When mum told me this morning about the policies she needed I thought “Oh God, not more paperwork!” but I was happy to help.

 

 

It’s ridiculous how much the amount of paperwork has increased with the last year.  Things we consider common sense have to be written down and given to parents.  I bet they don’t read the portfolio from cover to cover so in my opinion some of the paperwork is a waste of time to type.

 

 

A few weeks ago I applied for a train pass.  I thought it would be handy as Margaret (care worker) doesn’t drive and I can go anywhere for free.  I have just sent off a bus pass application form too.

 

Have a good evening everyone!

 

Leigh xxx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leigh I am sorry you missed out on the presentation ~ I know how much you were looking forward to going ~ Pity Nan had a Bowls match on ~ Bet Mum is pleased with you for doing the paperwork for her ~ it is ridiculous how much paperwork is needed today ~ What a good idea to apply for a train pass and as you can travel free you will be able to get out and about more ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you missed the presentation, it would have been interesting!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/aniracj/StrannyDayze/
http://journals.aol.co.uk/aniracj/TheBandAyleysComet/

Anonymous said...

What a shame you missed your presentation,and that your Nan had bowls ,good for you doing the paper work ,or red tape in other words ........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Oh! Dear Leigh!!  sorry you missed out on the presentation,I was so hopeing you were going to put a copy of the certificate in your next entry too.My sisters play bowls and love it,they wiill not miss a match for love not money.Good to hear your Nan enjoys a game  too.You sound as though you are busy getting train and bus passes,This will be what I am up to in another couple of weeks too, when I am sixty LOL!! Good grief where have the yrs gone to?They roll by so quickly.Roll on the journeys I will take then, as I too do not drive,so the passes will be great.sorry I missed your I.M. I have been takeing advantage of the sun today whilst I could,and only just come online.
Take care
Regards astoriasand.

Anonymous said...

Thats fantastic that you offered to do your mums portfolio,I hope it goes ok,glad youre getting passes after all you are entitled to them,take care xxzoexx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/DomesticAbuse/