Wednesday 26 July 2006

Exciting News!

 

Last Thursday night I went to my local youth forum’s monthly meeting.  I had not been for a few months because Phil, the person in charge of the forum business, had resigned from Viva, and they needed to found someone to replace him.

 

 

Fran picked me up at 6:30p.m.  Things got off to a bad start when we couldn’t find the meeting place.  Fran was not from around these parts of Wales so I kept quiet as she concentrated on finding it.  “Don’t worry we’ve got plenty of time”, that’s all I could say really, as I am useless at geography, even if I’d been to the venue a thousand times!  Luckily Fran’s boss was on hand to point us both in the right direction.  

 

When we arrived the meeting had not started.  Thankfully we had not missed anything important.  Tonight the elections were taking place.  I have been elected the chairman of the forum!!

 

 

I will work with a secretary making sure committee members know where and when the meetings will be held.  I will also have to work on proposed agendas with the secretary.  Being assertive and fair are two important qualities.  All questions are addressed through the chair, which means I will have to be in control and let everyone have a say, and not let the stronger people take over!  This new role makes me feel important, lol!

 

 

Also I have been asked to go to Brussels with four other members of the Forum to visit the European Parliament buildings.  This will take place in October half term.  The date is yet to be confirmed but I do know it will take place over three days.

 

 

I’m so excited I can’t wait!!  I’m just glad I am going to Brussels with familiar people.  I’ll bring back some Belgian chocolate for you all!

 

Have a great day everyone!

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, that's sooo cool! Well done matey!!
You have a lot of responsibility now, but it's obvious that you'll do just great!

Love the graphics too mate!

Lv Ste
xx

Anonymous said...

Congrats!  Sounds very exciting.  
d
http://journals.aol.com/nightmaremom/Thisandthatandhockey/

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Leigh I am sure they have choosen the right person for "Chairman of the Forum" and the trip to Brussels sounds exciting (Looking forward to the chocolates lol) love your graphics ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Excellent news, and good luck with the responsibility. Belgium has got great chocolates...

http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

Anonymous said...

Excellent news, congratulations. I just hope you don't get power mad, lol.
I don't like chocolate can I have some of that Belgian beer? B.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! They couldn't have picked a better Chairman!
Will be looking for those Belgian chocolates, I hear them calling my name! LOL
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Well done Leigh!! Just don't overdose on the chocolate, LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations...does this mean that we're speaking to a future member of the Welsh Assembly perhaps?!  I'm so chuffed for you...sounds like a great opportunity for you to make a big difference!!!!
Gill xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mckaygillian/GillsJournal

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Leigh you are coming up in the world.Well done,congratulations.Belgian Chocs are just so good.I love the Bugs Bunny graphic.It brought me memories back,of once when I dressed up as Elma Fudd one New Yrs Eve ,made the outfit myself.and I made a bugs bunny and put him on my back LOL..He was a gonna that yr LOL.Glad my hands are now healing and I am able to read your Journal again.
With Elma's Shotgun over my shoulder.I looked so funny.So when I see pictures of bugsy it reminds me of them past  happy times I have had,in my younger days
thanx for the laugh just through your graphic. LOL!! Take Care.
Regards Astoriasand.

Anonymous said...

hi Leigh...

congrats on being elected chairman of the forum, you must be really chuffed...take care and have a great weekend!

Astra!