Saturday 22 July 2006

Sorted!

 

I want to say a big thank you to Jan, who wrote an entry about me in her journal yesterday afternoon.  I had many more comments since, so I feel a lot happier.  Jan lives with her partner Maurice in the Fens.  She also has a pet dog named Scooby.  Jan is a very caring person, who is willing to help anyone if she can.  I am honoured to call you my online Aunty, sometimes my Granny. But you are my friend, a treasure to anyone you meet.

 

 

I received the Broadband Installation package on Monday.  My father tried to install the software, following the step-by-step guide on screen.  It came up saying “the modem had had been detected but it couldn’t pick up a connection”.  We tried again and again during the week and the same message came up on the screen. 

 

 

I spoke to a friend who told me I would have to put another phone socket in my bedroom.  As you can imagine mum was not best pleased at the thought of paying £200, so then we were going to send the package back to AOL.  I’m glad I didn’t!

 

I spoke to another mate, Ross about the problem.  He’d had a similar problem when he had first installed AOL Broadband, and he assured me if it was the same problem it would be easy to fix.

 

So he came over yesterday afternoon to help setup Broadband Silver.  We put the disc in the tray and followed each step.  Turns out my father had put the DSL Filter in the wrong place.  But now, thanks to Ross, the problem is solved and I’m on Broadband!

 

 

I can’t believe I’m on Broadband.  Everything is so much quicker to access now.  It’s strange when I’monline and the phone rings.  It stops mum from grumbling now because she can make and answer calls and I’m happy now because I can chat to friends and post a journal entry whenever I want.

 

 

Well done and thanks Ross for all your help yesterday.  Thank you for saving my skin LOL!  I think if mum had to tell me off again for using the internet pre-6pm, she would have strangled me, LOL!  So have a great summer mate, and I’ll see you soon!

 

 

Well everyone, what’s the weather like with you?  It’s sunny again here in Wales so dad has decided to cook us a barbeque in the back garden this evening.

 

 

Have a great weekend everyone!

 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had problems when my pkg arrived too, it kept saying no modem!!! I called the help # that came with it & they talked me easily through it in 10 mins I was off & running!!!!!!!!!
Have a nice day!
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Hiya mate,

It's been raining here all day, with terrible thunder and lightning. Still, it made a nice change from the constant boiling sun!!

Great that you're now on broadband. It IS much quicker, although MINE still interferes with my downstairs phone, although my upstairs one is fine for some bizzare reason..lol!

Be well bud,

Ste
:-)
http://journals.aol.co.uk/stevietwain/ThelifeofSte/

Anonymous said...

Yep, Leigh, Jan is a lovely lady; I have met her (on my daughters wedding day) and will try and get to meet up again, this time for longer to chat withouty having to rush of for a wedding ceremony, LOL! love Joan
http://journals.aol.co.uk/aniracj/StrannyDayze

Anonymous said...

Broadband is an absolute delight, isn't it. The set-up can be tricky, you're right there. Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

Leigh glad you got Broadband sorted ~ good for Ross coming over to help you out ~ glad it has given you freedom to be on line whenever you want ~ hope you enjoy your Barbeque and it keeps sunny ~ we had a thunder storm here earlier ~ and Yes I agree Jan is a lovely lady ~ Love your graphics ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Jan is lovely, always posting nice comments on our journals!!  Weather here in Dundee wasn't too bad today.  It's been warm all day but the sun's not been out much :o(
Glad you got your broadband sorted...it's so much better than dial-up!!
Have a nice weekend.
Gill xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mckaygillian/GillsJournal

Anonymous said...

I think Jan is everybody's online nan, but don't tell her I said so.  ;O)
Enjoy the barbie - and the broadband. B.

Anonymous said...

hi Leigh...

yes! Jan is very nice is'nt she? so helpful and caring, so glad you have broadband now, it is so much better, I too had trouble at first with DSL filter, it was so confusing...its been sunny and hot all day and had to have the fan blasting all week day and night with this heat...hope you are keeping cool enough yourself...have a great week and take care!

Astra!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/astra1547/astrasjournal

Anonymous said...

Yes our Jan is a lovely person.  I am so glad you got Broadband sorted out.  It does certainly make a great difference.  People could never get me on the phone and hubby could not make a call.  It makes life so much easier.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your barbie and save me a sausage...mmm. Hugs Charline x