Sunday 16 July 2006

Three is the Magic Number

 

Hi everyone, I’m back!  Did you miss me?

 

I was picked up on Monday afternoon by Nan at 12:30p.m.  We had previously arranged to be picked up 13:30p.m.  She turned up in the middle of the street and couldn’t park the car.  So I rushed out with my coat, I completely forgot about my rucksack.  Luckily I had not travelled far so I was able to go back for it. 

 

 

It took us just under an hour to get to the caravan park in Porthcawl.  We decided to go for a walk around the park to pass the time.  We were not allowed to check-in until 16:00p.m so we watched other families play a game of ten-pin bowling.  I was amazed many young children were picking up the balls and dropping them on the ground.  There should have been somebody supervising the area because if a ball accidentally fell onto their toes, who would the parents blame?

 

 

The caravan we stayed in was nice and well equipped.  It included all modern appliances and two bathrooms, one of which was en-suite.  It was a large camp and many people were staying with young children.  Many of the caravans were privately owned.  Nan said she had been in better caravans and would never go on a holiday of this sort again as she ‘preferred to be waited on’.

 

 

After tea we decided to go and play a game of bingo in the clubhouse.  The park was badly sign-posted and we felt as if we were going round in circles.  We finally found our way there only to be denied entrance.  It turns out it was Over 18’s Cash bingo ~ and I wasn’t even going to play.  I was just going to sit there quietly while Nan played.  I found that very odd.  I told Nan she could play on her own but she didn't want to.  We had fun on the 2 pence machines instead.

 

 

On many caravan holidays in the past I have been able to play bingo but someone would call ‘House’ on my behalf.  So in the evenings we would watch T.V and play cards.  We would play endless games of Crazy Eights, which is one of my favourite card games.

 

They say things happen in threes...

 

I have lots more to say about my holiday and other things but I will save that for tomorrow.  I’m off now to enjoy the remainder of the scorching heat before it disappears.  Weathermen say that by Wednesday temperatures will rise to 32 degrees ~ hope you’ve all got your sun cream!

 

   

 

 Thanks to Lyn for this lovely cat siggy xx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a silly rule though I suppose people would take small children and they could prove a distraction ,whilst people were playing bingo ,......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Leigh it sounds like you had a lovely holiday ~ I must admit it is nice to be waited on when on holiday but I also love holidays in a caravan ~ you can eat whenever you want to ~  what a shame they didn't let you into the Bingo Hall I expect your Nan was disappointed as I think you were ~ loved your graphics very appropriate ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hello leigh,
Glad you had a nice holiday with your Nan,I have had some lovely van holidays the new ones are beautiful,like th eone I had in Newquay Wales last year.Sorry your nan wasn't too keen.Also sorry you couldn't play bingo but the age limit is law isn't it as it is calssed as like gambling.Though I remember too when I was younger having a go and then passing my card to another member LOL!!!
Once won £200 at this,so a friend said we will bring you again, as I shared it with them haaaaaaa!! I agrre with you Nan sometimes it is nice to be waited on,but also you do not have the same space when meals are at set times,so which one is realy the best?????Good to see you are back anyway and both home safe and well.
Regards Astoriasand.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! :)
Glad to hear you had a nice time!!!
Hugs,
Sugar