Wednesday 5 July 2006

Posh Presentation!

 

Today, mum had to go to Pontypridd to return some clothes she had bought.  I had nothing planned so I thought I go along and have a look around the shops.  I bought a blue and white Ben Sherman shirt, olive coloured cropped trousers and a black belt to wear on holidays.  It seems every time I go out shopping I always coincidently see someone from school.

 

 

 

I have been invited to a presentation ceremony tomorrow.  I took part in a cookery course last summer.  Tomorrow we are receiving our certificates for participation.  It seems a formal occasion, as we have to go to a posh hotel.  I am taking mum (or Nan) as my guest, who is very nervous!  I’m quite excited about the whole thing; it shall be quite an experience!

 

 

 

Former “Crossroads” actress Freema Agyeman will be replacing Billie Piper as Doctor Who’s new assistant.  She will play Martha Jones in the third series, which begins next year.  Billie will be killed off in the current series finale “Doomsday”. 

 

  Exterminate! ~ David Tennant with Freema Agyeman. 

 

Writer Russell T. Davies describes the new partnership as “an immediate and sensational combination, and her range, presence and charm blew us all away.”  The actress said she was “nervous” about taking over from her predecessor as Billie had built up a huge fan base and hopes the viewers enjoy the new adventures of “Doctor Who”.

 

Have a good evening, readers!

 

Leigh xxxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a nice spending spree ~ The presentation ceremony sounds like it will be good and how nice to make it a formal occassion at a posh hotel ~ Hope your Mum enjoys it ~ I think Billie Piper will take someone really good to follow in her footsteps so I wish Freema Agyeman the very best of luck I am sure she will be wonderful ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Your new clothes sound very nice ,your cropped trousers much more comfortable in this hot weather ,The presentation tomorrow sounds ecxiting ,hope you and your Mum have a nice time . .....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Like the sound of your new outfit Leigh sounds COOL!!!
I hope you enjoy the presentation evening as much as you did choosing your new clothes to go there in.Carn't answer on THE Dr Who subject sorry,I am not into it???
Don't think once Mum gets therE she will be nervous.You will then have to scan your certificate and enter it into your journal for us all to see.This would be  great.
Take Care.
Have a great day!!
Regards Astoriasand.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES