Sunday 22 October 2006

Good Night & Good Luck

Nothing much has happened since I last wrote to you.  Once again, I would like everyone who voted for my blog in the “Best Teen Journal 2006” category at the VIVI Awards.  The voting polls will open for a final time on November 2nd, so good luck to all the nominees.

 

Thanks to Chris & Jackie for all their hard work.  It is truly appreciated and without you, these Awards would not have been possible.  I recieved my nomination graphic this morning, and it's displayed proudly on my sidebar. 

 

Yesterday I called into my local Co-Op store for some bits and pieces.  I don’t usually shop there as items are expensive (in my opinion).  I bought a loaf of white bread, a bottle of Diet Coke and a newspaper.  I checked the receipt and the total came to £2.30.  Not a lot but the bread was £1.05!!

 

OH MY GOD!!

 

You can imagine my face can’t you? My jaw literally dropped to the floor!  Usually in Tesco, a loaf costs £0.91. Ridiculous price for a loaf of bread isn’t it??? I won’t be shopping there in a hurry!

 

Wishing you all a wonderful week!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Leigh on your nomination for the Vivi's ~ hope you have a good week ~ and stay away from the Co~Op they are expensive ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

sorry i havent been about here much hun..the bread cost how much??? OMG,thats a rip off,mind you i got some crisps the other day from a garage and they cost me 75p !! I must be mad,congrats on your nomination for teen journal hun and all the best xxzoexx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/DomesticAbuse/

Anonymous said...

Psh. That is ABSURD for a loaf of bread! lol

Oh, and good luck with the ViVi's!

Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

congrats on your nomination.
Cindy