Monday 23 October 2006

Work Placement - Session 1

As many you know I started my work placement this morning.  I walked into the classroom with Sam & Kirsty (two other girls from Health & Social Care), the children and staff were very friendly and gave us a warm reception.

 

The room was brightly decorated to provide stimulation for the pupils.  Also it had a carpeted floor to reduce background noise and blinds to reduce sunlight.

 

Then the children were split into groups of three.  They were set the task of describing a fellow pupil without using their name.  The task was successfully completed within thirty minutes.

 

Although in my group, one pupil was excluded from the task, as he found it too complex to understand.  Another was chatty and giggly and was told off for being disruptive.  The other thought everyone was crazy!

 

LOL, I had to laugh!  Kids do say the funniest things!  I really enjoyed myself earlier.  Can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings.

 

Hope everyone week got off to a wonderful start!

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your work placement started off in a positive way! Good luck with all of tomorrow's adventures!

Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got an  interesting and fun work placement.  I'm happy for you.   Good luck.      Dawn

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a good day with the kids, they are funny at times ar'nt they...bless them!

Astra!

Anonymous said...

so glad the work placement was fun. have a nice evening. (((hugs)))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Leigh so glad you enjoyed your first day ~ this sounds like something you would love to continue doing ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hi Again Leigh,Yes kids do say the funniest things.I wish I had my life to live over again,I would love to work with children.They are real funny.Glad you enjoyed!! May I just say Leigh that in your sidebar.you have ASTRA down as my simple rhymes.Astra is a friend of mine and she has a differant journal.I just wondered if you meant to put Astoria.or not.Or my correct name KATH.Hope you don't mind me saying .Good luck with the awards.Take care.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES.