Thursday 5 October 2006

Rainy Days & Radio Waves

The weather has been terrible this afternoon.  Heavy wund and rain has been forecast for the weekend too.  However, I have discovered the joys of YouTube.com “Get Happy” by Judy Garland is one of my favourite songs, and this performance from 1963 is guaranteed to put a smile on your face!

 

 

I am considering joining an after school workshop called “Radio Waves”.  It runs on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 17:45pm-19:30p.m.  The challenge is to make a radio programme or podcast, which will be broadcast daily at dinnertime at school.

 

I have always been interested in radio since I was small.  Mum says with my personality and passion for music, she’s sure I have the right credentials to be a good presenter.  Do you agree?  I am really looking forward to joining the team, and the new challenge ahead.

 

Ciao for now!! 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Leigh,

I've sent you instructions for youtube video embedding.

Hope it helps bud

xxx

Anonymous said...

Yes, I love You Tube, but try not to overdo it...I usually post a video once every weeke or two.
Have a fun day. {{}}
Sugar

AOL GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sure you'd do well at it.  Just a question of selling yourself.   Good luck.
Bunny

Anonymous said...

Leigh I think whatever you put your mind to you will make a go of it ~ I enjoyed the Judy Garland song ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hi, I think you will have so much fun with this workshop, and you have a talent for music and writing already, so go for it...Love to see young people with a keen interest in their fav. subject.Do you ever listen to Chris Needs on Radio Wales? it's on at 10 pm everynight apart from the week~ends, he is great and so much fun.Also, if you look on my sidebar for George Mansions, Mike is a radio presenter, although I am sure you know that.They may give you a few tips and advice.Good for you.!! I haven't broadband at the moment and the you tube doesn't come up very well, so will have another go at AOL to get me broadband.It is due to where we live I think.
Rach.xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/wrigleyrachey/rach-and-her-weight/