Sunday 15 October 2006

It's Time to Vote!

I started writing this journal on 11th April 2006, eight months ago.  I used to read Jeanette's journal and others on her sidebar, in amazement and wonder how you could all write so much.  I wanted to start one much earlier but I was put off because I thought I was a normal, everyday person who didn’t do much in life and no-one would be interested.

 

But then Lesley, a family friend suggested I write for the school newspaper but I didn’t see the point as then I wanted to go to college.  I knew I had to let the creativity flow somehow, and blogging seemed a good idea to set the world to rights!

 

The hardest thing was taking the first step and writing that introductory entry.  But I’m glad I did because I have made so many friends from J-Land, and we often keep in touch through e-mail and I.M.  Thank you to all those who read my journal and comment on it, I am so grateful for your continuous help, support and encouragement throughout these months, which has given me the confidence to carry on with my journal writing.

 

When I first started writing entries I didn’t expect anyone to read them, never mind comment on them.  It makes me want to write more and more!  My Nan thinks it’s great because it improves my use of English, and mum & dad are pleased as journal writing keeps me occupied.

 

I would like to thank everyone who thought my blog worthy of a vote in the VIVI’s in the “Best Teen Journal” category.  It doesn’t matter to me if I win or not, but to know you have nominated my journal for this award it means so much to me.  Words cannot express how I feel at this moment.

 

 

If you have not voted yet, here’s the link:

 

~VIVI Awards 2006 Voting Site~

 

Good luck to all those nominated!

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted already.  Hope you win.      Dawn

Anonymous said...

"Good Luck" with the Vivi's Leigh ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

heya leigh ((hugs)).......well as usual i am in a world of my own....what on earth are the "VIVA awards??" lol..... been a lil bit busy for the past two weeks so really havent had time to do my journal...but things are returning relatively back to normal now .... good luck with ur nomination ....and IF ya win a nice holiday or summat ..... I'M COMING WIFF YA!!! (grin)
                                Take care leigh ....speak soon
                                               Shaun xx

Anonymous said...

I for one am SO glad that you decided to start a journal, and keep with it. Otherwise, I never would've met you!

I wish you all the luck in the world with the VIVI's, I've already cast my votes (wink wink). Have a great day!

Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

you know i voted for you!
Sug

Anonymous said...

Hello.....

I too have a journal called "Dear Diary". I read your entry and I got to thinking about the first time I started my journal. I was welcomed with open arms by Jeannette. I didn't know if anyone would be interested in reading my journal. I just thought I would give it a shot. I really like reading your entries and I think your a very interesting person. Do keep writing !!!!!!!!!!!