Thursday 12 October 2006

Pause for Thought

Yesterday I attended a parents evening with my mum.  Everything is fine.  The teachers said I had settled well into Sixth Form.  Also they said I showed ‘continuous enthusiasm and good understanding towards my studies’.

 

At the start of term they felt I wasn’t managing my time effectively.  But now after a few weeks, they feel my time management skills have improved.  I appear to have a much more positive attitude and be more confident in my abilities. 

 

Many of you, who know me, will know that I’m a terrible worrier!  I also get very stressed and paranoid at times.  You’ll be pleased to know I’m finally getting some psychological help to deal with my anxieties. Mum and the teachers thought it was a good idea, because I am sixteen after all and shouldn’t have any worries.  But I have always worried, it’s in my nature!  I'm sure in the upcoming sessions, I will learn some valuble techniques to help me chill...

 

Until next time ~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you for realizing what you need help in and taking the steps to make sure that the help happens! It's very mature and wise of you to admit your problems, rather than masking them. I'm sure everything will work out for the best!

You're a great friend, and despite my pressing that you get professional help with the paranoia rather than my UNprofessional help, I'm always here for you if you need me.

Hope you're having a wonderful day,

Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

If you do learn any lessons can you please pass them on to my missus. She drives me up the wall with her constant worrying. Good luck with the help. B.

Anonymous said...

Good for you Leigh ~ taking a more positive attitude ~ and getting help with your anxieties ~ I am sure you will become less stressed and be able to chill at the end of the sessions ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Yes, me too, Leigh.  Nip it in the bud.  You have so much going for you.  Bunny.