Saturday 25 August 2007

Third Time Lucky!

Hi everyone!

 

Just a quick message to say I’m back from Devon.  I had a lovely holiday, but I find it’s always nice to be back in your own surroundings.  I’ll talk more about my holiday in later posts.

 

Thank you all for your messages of congratulations.  They are very much appreciated.  However, I am the bearer of more glad tidings: I PASSED MY MATHS GCSE! 

 

After three attempts in two years, I achieved a C grade.  The first year I had a U, then the following January I had a D and now I've achieved a C! 

 

Words cannot express how I am feeling now.  I am so overjoyed.  As the saying goes if at first, you don’t succeed, try and try again.  I passed on my third attempt; it really is the icing on the cake!

 

Mr. McGregor, my maths teacher would like me to re-sit again to get a B-grade.  I would like to, but I declined because it took me long enough to get the C. 

 

I would like to thank my maths tutor of 5 years: Mr. Ceri Davies for his endless help, support and encouragement.  You have been amazing!  I don’t think I could’ve done it without you.  Thank you for keeping the faith.

 

Thank you especially to Mr. McGregor for giving me the opportunity to re-sit the exam.  Thank you for having belief in me when I didn’t.

 

I’ve invited some friends over to celebrate my success.  I now have 2 AS Levels and 9 GCSE’s (from last year).  We shall be sitting outside in the garden and having a barbeque.  I intend to make the most of the sunny weather while it’s here.

 

Have a good weekend!

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done and I hope you have a great evening. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

I knew you would do well!  Congrats.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Well done Leigh, you deserve a pat on the back and thank you for visiting and leaving good wishes for Daniel.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

"Well done Leigh" and congratulations  ~
hope you shared a good BBQ with your friends to celebrate your success ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Congratulation Leigh weel done, what an achievement you deserve all you sucess. Kathie.