Friday 29 December 2006

All Over!

 

I can’t believe Christmas has come and gone again for another year.  Now we’ve got 361 day till the next one. Phew! *breathes a huge sigh of relief*.

 

 

I had a wonderful Christmas.  I was awoken at 08:10a.m by my father singing “Santa Claus is coming to Town”.  Then my sack full of presents was brought into my bedroom.  It took me an hour to open all my presents, and there was more downstairs.

 

 

I had so many presents I couldn’t believe it!  I had series 2 of “Lost” and the complete series of “Planet Earth”.  These are two of my favourite shows.  What is it about American T.V that makes shows like “24” and “Lost” so addictive?

 

 

I had some CD’s, DVD’s, clothes, some very nice aftershave and a Digital Camera!  On Christmas morning, all my family meets up in our local pub, and then goes back to our house for dinner.  I was so overjoyed by what I had, but disappointed of the missed opportunity to take photos.

 

 

I was given a book called “Where There’s A Will” by Matt Beaumont.  The novel is about Alvin, a comprehensive school teacher, and how he plans to teach a class of delinquents.  The trouble is, Alvin always sees the good in people.  Then when he stops an old lady getting mugged, he starts to doubt his judgments.  I can’t put the book down!  I’m already on Page 44, it’s really exciting!  You’ll be glad to know the book has not put me off my chosen career path.

 

Have a good evening folks.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a nice time Lee and got all those lovely presents.  It is over so quickly isn't it. ~ Jeannette

Anonymous said...

Yup its soon over ,but cant say Im sorry ,its nice to take it a bit easy with out having to shop etc lol ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised you made out like a bandit!  Happy New Year!
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were a good boy this year, Leigh. Hehe...
And yes, gotta love American television. So many mindless options, lol.
Glad to hear you had a great holiday, and I can’t wait for you to put that new camera to good use! *hint hint, wink wink* lol
Happy (almost) New Year, and I hope you find something to write about.

Morgan
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi !!!!!!!!!!! I so love reading your journal. I got a lot of nice presents and I have to say that I am really glad that you are here at J-Land. Keep up the good work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Leigh I am glad you had such a good time over the holidays ~ and got lots of presents ~ I hope the New Year will be a good one for you ~ Ally x