Monday 11 December 2006

Feeling Christmassy

My family and I have had a busy time this weekend.  We put up our Christmas tree, decorated it with baubles and fairy lights, and put various ornaments around the house.  It took a few hours and we were all exhausted at the end, but it is worth it because our home feels warm, cozy and Christmassy now.  I can’t wait for Santa to visit.  I hope you’ve all been good!

 

 

I walked into the Form Six Common Room this morning to a chorus of “Hurrahs” and applause.  I wondered what was going on.  Then they all burst into “Happy Birthday to you”.  I couldn’t believe it!  I was left speechless, and that doesn’t happen very often.  Then a girl shouted in “It’s tomorrow!” and we all burst out laughing.  It was a really nice thought though.  Thanks guys! J

 

 

I thought I would post another video of one of my favourite Christmas songs.  When singing to this one I can't help but smile!

 

Wizzard – “I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday”.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh,
Yes you are right the home does feel lovely when all is decorated.I have been quite bust doing mine this weekend and other things of course.Takes me days I keep adding touches here and there LOL!! That was lovely of everybody to sing "Happy Birthday" to you even if it was the wrong date.It's both my Sons this week too the 15th and 16th.One will be 34 and the other one 28 .I wish I had known and had your address I would have sent you a card.Loved the video Another great CLASSIC carn't beet a bit of Wizard so funny .Hope you don't mind but I have sent the video to myself LOL!! where it says share.Take Care .
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand.MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

A very Happy Birthday for tomorrow ,Im not sure I agree with the video .Christmas every day ! erm maybe not lol ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Leigh.  I bet your house looks really nice.  Christmas every day?  Well, yes it people kept the spirit of Christmas in their hearts every day and were kind to each other but not everlasting turkey and the expense of presents. Can you imagine how sick we would be of it in a very short time?

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Leigh!!!

I love all the christmas songs.There's to many to mention...Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Astra!

Anonymous said...

"Happy Birthday" Leigh hope you have a wonderful day ~ Love to see a picture of your tree it sounds lovely ~ Loved the video ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Heard from a birdie it was a special day...........
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
hugs
d
http://journals.aol.com/nightmaremom/Thisandthatandhockey/

Anonymous said...

Glam rock Wizzard- this is the best xmas song around i reckon