Monday 4 December 2006

Eureka!

 

I was clearing my room out on Saturday morning and I found a CD.  It was the first CD mum and dad ever bought for me.  It was called “The Woman in Me" by Louise Redknapp.  My parents bought this CD as a gift for my tenth birthday, and it went missing from my collection, or did I give it to a charity shop?  Whatever happened to it, I am glad to have found it again.

 

 

 

As I listened to the CD on the weekend, the songs brought back many memories from when I was ten.  When I younger, I used to think songs were good if I could dance around and sing-along to them, but now I listened to the whole of the album and its lyrics.

 

I like to listen to older music, because it is positive and the lyrics are easy to understand.  Nowadays if a singer is unpopular in the charts, they would probably be considered to be naff or uncool.  Well, sometimes it helps to have a little variation and dig out the “old stuff” from your dusty cupboards.  Then play, listen and remember the good times!  Some of the old singers really were good vocalists, although some of the songs were a bit cheesy.

 

So now I’ll leave you with a video.  Then you all can make up your own minds, whether Louise is ‘pop perfection’ or just ‘pure cheese’.

Personally, I think she has a good voice and amazing looks. What do you think?

Louise – “Naked”.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you found your old CD Leigh.Yes I agree the old music was the best I knew every word to every song,but today you can hardly tell what they are singing.This was very nice and yes she is a pretty girl.So much like many of the young girls today they all look alike to me though with the long straight blonde hair.Just as most of the young guys do when they wear the hooded tops.Still times change enjoyed the entry Leigh well done.Take care.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

How lovely you found your CD it must have brought back many happy memories ~ I loved the old songs as you could hear everyword they sang  ~ enjoyed the video ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you found your old CD. Listening to older music is great, and you're right-- it does bring back memories!

I've never heard of her before, the video is a little risque, don't you think? lol
She has a really amazing voice though. I don't know about the lyrics, however. I'd say voice= pop perfection, lyrics= pure cheese. LOL thanks for sharing it with us.

Morgan
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Glad you found your CD, certainly not my kind of music though